Your 2023 Nebraska Cornhuskers

On 3/29/2023 at 3:15 PM, gobiggergoredder said:

Iowa has put several TEs in the NFL.  It’s not because the QB blows.

Well, which seasons are we talking about for Iowa? Generally speaking I'm probably going to have to disagree with that.

Off-topic and regarding the Severe tweet: LOL. Don't pass me any of that Kool-Aid.

3 minutes ago, Undone said:

Well, which seasons are we talking about for Iowa? Generally speaking I'm probably going to have to disagree with that.

Off-topic and regarding the Severe tweet: LOL. Don't pass me any of that Kool-Aid.

If you find logic in the following, there's nothing for us to discuss

Iowa produce Mackey Award winning TE's every other year bc their QBs aren't very good.

On 3/28/2023 at 4:58 PM, Mavric said:

More Haarberg and Torres, please. Would love to see one of those guys shoot up the depth chart.

Weird to see Betts back out there (in a good way).

Teaching tackling technique was cool to see. Not at all saying Frost's guys didn't do that, but great to see.

QB's practicing taking snaps under center.

Arik Gilbert is a f****** unit. Can't imagine this guy not being a contributing factor to any success we may have on offense this season.

Nouredin Nouili sighted. Not saying that's surprising, just glad to see him participating after the suspension.

• Plus1 1

Listening to Rhule describe the scrimmage, it sounded a lot like what you should expect from a defense learning a new scheme.  At times you’d expect some missed assignments and so on. Guys eyes wrong, over pursuing, errors in coverages, etc.  Even for returning players, it has been 4 months away from tackling live in meaningful game like reps.   That’s the negative but, it is not a surprise.   I won’t be surprised to see some miscues in September but after just film and 6 practices, it is probably a net positive (for the defense).  

The offense, on the other hand, must have been a big surprise to him. A new system, plays, players, etc.  Expectations can’t be too high.  But apparently the guys did well.  Rhule doesn’t seem like one to blow smoke.  He seems to be positive but honest and frank.  It sounds like he knows what he wants and demands it.  He runs a tight ship.  Everything in order down to the shoelaces and etc.  The details.   That’s where the devil is - but one can get lost in details and miss the big picture.  I’m guessing it is the discipline and his strict Rhule’s rule following that will really make a difference.   But there will be some players that may not buy in and or tend to stray from the path.  Those will get in the dog house, no matter their position or stars.  

So far, Rhule is what he first seemed to be, and more.  He has a serious job to do.  He is taking it seriously.  The team - so far - is cooperating well.  

12 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Listening to Rhule describe the scrimmage, it sounded a lot like what you should expect from a defense learning a new scheme.  At times you’d expect some missed assignments and so on. Guys eyes wrong, over pursuing, errors in coverages, etc.  Even for returning players, it has been 4 months away from tackling live in meaningful game like reps.   That’s the negative but, it is not a surprise.   I won’t be surprised to see some miscues in September but after just film and 6 practices, it is probably a net positive (for the defense).  

The offense, on the other hand, must have been a big surprise to him. A new system, plays, players, etc.  Expectations can’t be too high.  But apparently the guys did well.  Rhule doesn’t seem like one to blow smoke.  He seems to be positive but honest and frank.  It sounds like he knows what he wants and demands it.  He runs a tight ship.  Everything in order down to the shoelaces and etc.  The details.   That’s where the devil is - but one can get lost in details and miss the big picture.  I’m guessing it is the discipline and his strict Rhule’s rule following that will really make a difference.   But there will be some players that may not buy in and or tend to stray from the path.  Those will get in the dog house, no matter their position or stars.  

So far, Rhule is what he first seemed to be, and more.  He has a serious job to do.  He is taking it seriously.  The team - so far - is cooperating well.  

I've felt for the last for the last few years, we have the pieces in place to have a special offense, even the line.   We just didn't have the right captain to form a cohesive offensive plan.   I think we have it now and am really excited to see an offense playing chess again.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
16 hours ago, sho said:

I've felt for the last for the last few years, we have the pieces in place to have a special offense, even the line.   We just didn't have the right captain to form a cohesive offensive plan.   I think we have it now and am really excited to see an offense playing chess again.

Did you mean player captain or figuratively "captain," like the coach?