***Official 2023 College Football Thread***

suh_fan93

20 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If one of the most amazing plays in college football history had been played today, we would have had 15 painful minutes of replay review and the touchdown would likely have been nullified. 

It's probably 15 minutes of review followed by letting the call on the field stand.

• TBH 1
6 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If one of the most amazing plays in college football history had been played today, we would have had 15 painful minutes of replay review and the touchdown would likely have been nullified. 

Totally agree with you about the 15 painful minutes of replay review.  

My thing is, that if you go to a review, the replay they review should be in real-time, only.  No slow motion, frame-by-frame, zooming in.  I'm okay wit different angles, just review it in real-time speed.  I think it is wrong when you take a live action football play and slow it down to frame-by-frame to make a call....... Just so the people in the booth can say "See, right there, he has the one toe in bound and his hands on the ball securing the catch".  Ummm, no, you are pointing at a picture of something for a conclusion, and not at a real-time football play.  Unfortunately, the people in the replay ops-center are slowing it down too....like freeze-frame stuff.  To me, that's not how football works.  It's live and fast.  If you can't determine in regular speed with a replay, send it back to the officials in stripes to enforce the call.  

And while I am at it (lol) the guys that have to review the biggest questionable plays are not there to officiate the game for you (the guys on the field).  Stop putting the biggest plays in the fate of their hands to lean on.  

And finally (uggh).... there is no earthly way a guy can catch a sideline pass with one toe barely in bounds for 1/24th of a second and be called a valid catch, in comparison when you see a real catch in the middle of the field, foot down; gets popped by a defender at the same time; he slams into the turf; and the ball slightly moves a bit and touches the turf, and call it incomplete - when the entire catch, step, hit, going to the ground, takes a full second or two before the ball wiggled a smidge.  Incomplete!!!! 

But, if a single Toe touches a blade of grass inbounds for 1/24th of a second and everything else hits the white area "out of bounds" - it's full-metal Completion!!!!  Man, I just don't agree with the technicality of rules robbing the purity of the game and competitive sportsmanship.  The game is not played frame-by-frame.  Or in slow-motion.  Have some guts, keep the game played with integrity, and when you review a play, do it in real-time.

• TBH 1

5 hours ago, Mavric said:

Amazing.  The play before was an illegal pass called against them, for crossing the LOS and passing blah blah blah. 

But if you get the chance to watch that exact same play, you will also see an Alabama lineman illegally downfield 10 yards and nothing was mentioned.  It's so obvious it's hilarious.  But it goes unnoticed because :lol:   

I wish I had the clip.  I saw it happen live, then several times during highlights of that 3rd and goal play.  Not a word from anyone.

They are both 5 yard penalties, they got penalized for the QB thing and backed up.  But still, ....  in college football, the rules state that if an OL goes 3 yards beyond the LOS, it's a penalty......The bama lineman was running 10 yards downfield before the pass was thrown. 

My question and concern is, why is that it ignored? 

And what else goes ignored? 

I guarantee it's flagged every time in most games. Refs love to call that foul because it's their job to pay attention to it.

Not that it would have changed the outcome, but still.... it's an obvious penalty in front of everyone who see's it.

So if refs can disregard fouls for this or that, then they can turn their head on anything and everything, but also throw the flag when they want to. 

I'm not saying... I'm just saying.  Sometimes teams are not always as good as they look in the mirror.  Sometimes teams do get help, especially if you've been dominating the CFB world.  

:snacks:

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1