** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **

TGHusker

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I picked up 2 tickets this weekend for the NU-CU game, so my son and I can attend.  Yeah, they were pricey, but it should be a fun day.

Not as pricey as slashed tires and pee soaked clothes I'm sure.

• Haha 1
53 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Careful on that limb, those Boulder hippies can throw a battery pretty far.

Considering I went to the last game in 2019, with my Colorado plated car, got out with 4 others in Nebraska gear on campus, walked around said campus, went to the game and even talked a bunch of crap in the middle of a CU section and had zero issues...I think that limb is strong enough.  This myth is outdated and simply not true any more.  I work in Boulder, talk to people about this, and very few of them care about CU. 

• Plus1 3

20 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Considering I went to the last game in 2019, with my Colorado plated car, got out with 4 others in Nebraska gear on campus, walked around said campus, went to the game and even talked a bunch of crap in the middle of a CU section and had zero issues...I think that limb is strong enough.  This myth is outdated and simply not true any more.  I work in Boulder, talk to people about this, and very few of them care about CU. 

But, but the hippies (haven't heard that term in a long time). They're all rabid football fans and prone to violent outbursts from smoking all that evil ganja.

• TBH 1
27 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I bet you're a lot of fun at parties.

• TBH 2

3 hours ago, runningblind said:

It very well could be that how fans act now compared to them is different. But, it’s been well documented for the world to see as to how they can be when their fans had to get tear gassed out of the stadium during the CSU game. 

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

What is this in reference to?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tears-fall-on-mile-high/

Edit: that’s not the situation I’m looking for. 

They were playing CSU at mile high one time and the game had to be stopped and an entire section of CU students had to be cleared out for the game to continue. 

Then I found this. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=2236794

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tears-fall-on-mile-high/

Edit: that’s not the situation I’m looking for. 

They were playing CSU at mile high one time and the game had to be stopped and an entire section of CU students had to be cleared out for the game to continue. 

Then I found this. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=2236794

I do remember the 2005 game well. The other example doesn't make clear who the fans were, but it'd be safe to assume that it was CSU fans since it was a field rushing scenario and they were the team that dominated and won.

I've got no love for CU fans and that 2005 'eject the entire student section' incident is hilarious and pathetic, but the NU fanbase's folklore about how monstrous the weed smoking hippies in Boulder are has always been silly and overblown and barely more than urban legend to me.

• Plus1 3