** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **

TGHusker

8 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

We ran the ball 37 times for 4.9 ypc for Minnesota. That was not the issue. Minnesota is a tougher defense to run vs than Colorado. 

How much will we run if we get in a hole early?  They're explosive, and Sims could throw it to anyone on the field at any moment.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

How much will we run if we get in a hole early?  They're explosive, and Sims could throw it to anyone on the field at any moment.

It's not like we we had a comfortable lead at any point vs Minnesota and they stuck with it. Colorado has a good OC and some skill players but TCU is not a school that recruits well and just lost players from every level of their defense to the draft. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

It's not like we we had a comfortable lead at any point vs Minnesota and they stuck with it. Colorado has a good OC and some skill players but TCU is not a school that recruits well and just lost players from every level of their defense to the draft. 

Comfortable lead?  I'm worried about bing down 17 to CU fast.  How are we going to stop them?  How are we going to come back when we can't pass reliably?

Matt gave us clues to the Minny game we may have ignored.  Grant is fumbling.  The Offense has Fall practice procedural issues.  We saw those exact things at Minnesota.

And he has also said "It's not how we start the season but can we get better each week."   

This last one I see as a hedge.   Lastly, we have a veteran team that has only seen close-loss failures.  Can we recover mentally?

I think CU handles us next Saturday as much as I hate typing this out.

16 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Recruits well? We are top 25 every year. How about development lol

• TBH 1
7 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Comfortable lead?  I'm worried about bing down 17 to CU fast.  How are we going to stop them?  How are we going to come back when we can't pass reliably?

Matt gave us clues to the Minny game we may have ignored.  Grant is fumbling.  The Offense has Fall practice procedural issues.  We saw those exact things at Minnesota.

And he has also said "It's not how we start the season but can we get better each week."   

This last one I see as a hedge.   Lastly, we have a veteran team that has only seen close-loss failures.  Can we recover mentally?

I think CU handles us next Saturday as much as I hate typing this out.

The point being that it's not like we ran vs Minnesota because we were milking it. We ran because they want to run the ball. 

5 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

Recruits well? We are top 25 every year. How about development lol

Wow you really missed the point. Read over and try this again when you understand. 

3 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

The point being that it's not like we ran vs Minnesota because we were milking it. We ran because they want to run the ball. 

Wow you really missed the point. Read over and try this again when you understand. 

Well you’re talking the ability to recruit and I’m saying the ability to develop can cancel out stars in recruiting. Smart Alec 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
3 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

Well you’re talking the ability to recruit and I’m saying the ability to develop can cancel out stars in recruiting. Smart Alec 

Sonny Dykes was there at TCU for one off-season before last year and inherited a lot of draft level talents that are gone now. TCU is not an elite recruiter that has players to replace them with in one year. It's more a question of if their defense was a fluke last year or not. Dykes is a good offensive coach but even their offense took a hit this year with a downgrade at QB and losing 2 WRs and a HB and a G to the draft. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Sonny Dykes was there at TCU for one off-season before last year and inherited a lot of draft level talents that are gone now. TCU is not an elite recruiter that has players to replace them with in one year. It's more a question of if their defense was a fluke last year or not. Dykes is a good offensive coach but even their offense took a hit this year with a downgrade at QB and losing 2 WRs and a HB and a G to the draft. 

Do you really think a championship contending roster is one deep at each position? And morris was the starter and got hurt to start the year! They might not be the team they were last year but they definitely are more put together than us and Minnesota!

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

It's a Nebraska message board. You people act like we should be in active hate against our team 24/7.

If being a Nebraska fan isn't good enough for you, Colorado could use some help in their cheering section.

To be fair though, colorado did win there first game Nebraska didnt.  Like they havent won there first dam game in like 4 years.

15 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

Do you really think a championship contending roster is one deep at each position? And morris was the starter and got hurt to start the year! They might not be the team they were last year but they definitely are more put together than us and Minnesota!

Considering they won 5 games the year before yes I'd say it's not crazy to say TCU is not a team that is deep enough to handle losing that many players

• Plus1 1