** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **

TGHusker

51 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Coaches do this all the time.  At least at the HS level. Coaches always call/text/email and ask other coaches about what did and didn't work.

Was just going to post this. You reach out to guys you know on other staffs every week. Any advantage you can get, you take. No matter the opponent. 

All this proved was Keyshawn (and the rest of them) know nothing about how coaches operate. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

7 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Was just going to post this. You reach out to guys you know on other staffs every week. Any advantage you can get, you take. No matter the opponent. 

All this proved was Keyshawn (and the rest of them) know nothing about how coaches operate. 

I mean, FOR YEARS, coaches that were playing each other that week would drive out and literally exchange game tape (usually 3 games) with the coach of the team they were playing that Friday.  It was just kind of expected.  In fact it was looked down on if you didn't give game film to your next opponent.

• TBH 2
53 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ehhhh, I sort of see where he is shooting for here but I think 99% of players can/do separate sport from everyday life.

I worked for a company (50,000+) employees that went all in on Jocko Willink.  He took the CEO and his VP team through "team building".  The rest of us minions went through Teams/Zoom sessions that would eventually cascade to all leadership roles in the organization.

I missed my Jocko Teams meeting because I was on vacation but a few weeks later I got one of his other guys in a make up session.  We were three minutes into at and he was trying to link a gunfight in Afghanistan to what we did in the office.  With 57 minutes left in the presentation, I was done.  I probably started looking at Huskerboard.

I was surprised how many of my counterparts said how great the training was.  It was lame.  It was grand stories, that were likely true, that had nothing to do with anything we'd encounter.  People ate it up.