Stadium Expansion

They still have one more floor before they put the bleachers on top right?

This is the club level that is being built now. The suite level will be on top of that and then the bleachers. Yes.

Basically take everything they've built atop the old structure thus far, double that and you'll have the general height of the new structure once finished.

That panorama is the greatest picture in the history of pictures.

I would kill to see one of those shots done once the stadium is finished.

No need to kill. I am sure someone will get the shot. And if I am in town before someone gets it, I will most certainly try to get it. :D

That amtrack station, does that or could it run from Omaha to Lincoln? Are those the tracks they were talking about in a "plan" that could run on gamedays from Omaha to Lincoln?

The Amtrack stops in downtown Omaha, but it is an only once a day type of thing part of the cross country system. I would be very very in favor of the two cities or state figuring out a way to run a "Cornhusker Express" on game days.

That amtrack station, does that or could it run from Omaha to Lincoln? Are those the tracks they were talking about in a "plan" that could run on gamedays from Omaha to Lincoln?

The Amtrack stops in downtown Omaha, but it is an only once a day type of thing part of the cross country system. I would be very very in favor of the two cities or state figuring out a way to run a "Cornhusker Express" on game days.

There was "talk" of that happening, especially for game days, something like the train would make 3 or 4 runs before the game and a few after. I think the idea was that it would essentially be a "railgate" party (i just made that term up by the way) the entire time down.

I think its a brilliant idea and I love my name I made up for it. Heck, serve booze on the train, charge 20 dollars for a ticket, get some hot girls to work inside and charge for the booze and food.

The thing that concerns me about expansion is the state of Nebraska obviously has a limited number of people and I just want to make sure we can keep filling the stadium. Don't want to see the streak end.

It would be a waste to update the stadium if we can't sell the tickets, so I guess we are just going to have to work on filling it up.

my parents tried to request tickets and they are already sold out. They have not made it public that the seats are sold, but they are.

They are and they aren't. Current ticket holders have an option to move first, before any new tickets are sold. Once those requests are made and accomplished, then newcomers have an option.

Of course, all you have to do to get tickets this year is donate enough moolah. Tickets are awarded on a points basis, and I think you get one point per every one hundred dollars you donate. Just drop about ten grand on the Athletic Department and you'll get seats. Pretty good ones, probably.

*checking my pocket for that $10,000 bill that keeps moving around*...ah, there it is! And I've got two of them! Does that put me on the 50 about 30 rows up?

Thanks for the photos, very cool to see. Without researching, what's the completion date?

The thing that concerns me about expansion is the state of Nebraska obviously has a limited number of people and I just want to make sure we can keep filling the stadium. Don't want to see the streak end.

It would be a waste to update the stadium if we can't sell the tickets, so I guess we are just going to have to work on filling it up.

my parents tried to request tickets and they are already sold out. They have not made it public that the seats are sold, but they are.

They are and they aren't. Current ticket holders have an option to move first, before any new tickets are sold. Once those requests are made and accomplished, then newcomers have an option.

Of course, all you have to do to get tickets this year is donate enough moolah. Tickets are awarded on a points basis, and I think you get one point per every one hundred dollars you donate. Just drop about ten grand on the Athletic Department and you'll get seats. Pretty good ones, probably.

*checking my pocket for that $10,000 bill that keeps moving around*...ah, there it is! And I've got two of them! Does that put me on the 50 about 30 rows up?

Thanks for the photos, very cool to see. Without researching, what's the completion date?

Will be open for the start of the 2013 season. Both the arena and the stadium.

I forgot that I had taken these pictures when I took the panorama pic. I figured you guys would like to see some of the other new facilities around campus, right?

First up, a pic I think people have seen before, the new Volleyball training room in the Hawks Championship Center. They have a full-size sand court, a full weight room and sundry other facilities here. It's pretty decent.

DSCF2706-1.jpg

Last, I don't remember seeing pics of the interior of the softball/baseball training facility they built at the Haymarket complex yet, but here it is. It's just a shell of a building with FieldTurf, batting cages, home plate, and spots for baseball and softball bases. It's about 1/3 or so the size of Hawks Field, I'd guess.

DSCF2656.jpg

DSCF2651.jpg

• Fire 1