I wouldn't be surprised if this is true. Pelini's not going to turn this team around this year and let's face it. The image the guy has going for him now is NOT what the University wants as the face of it's program. That's what we're really talking about here. Remember this is bigger than 'Bo Pelini'.

As for people saying this is going to be a 'mess' it's going to be one no matter when you sever ties with a coach at a major program. Anywhere. Mid season or not. It's not like the Huskers are vying for a national championship this year either. Far, far from it. After 6 years Pelini's team is currently unranked.

I hate to say it but yeah. It's going to happen sometime. I just don't see this guy turning things around on the field either. He's had 6 years to do that. The cussing tirade wasn't what might get him fired but who it was directed at and the threat of leaving, 'F' the fans and 'we' don't need Tommy Frazier... Again this is bigger than Bo Pelini. Those might have been the words, his own words that led up to all of this. We'll see.

He's been his own worst enemy and his arrogance (I think the fans are going to forgive me among other things) honestly I have found to be quite irritating and is in my opinion is what is going to ultimately lead to his own downfall.

Whether it's now or later I guess we'll find out.

Kinda jumping the gun aren't ya?

After the UCLA game no I don't feel that I am. It could happen sure. Do I see it happening? No. We have a favorable schedule. That's about the only thing I see that could allow an 'apparent' turn around. Could the UCLA debacle be the catapult for things changing? Again anything is possible but I think it seems pretty unlikely.

Yeah, they'll really want to come to an environment where fans are so spiteful they record conversations, hang onto them for two years, then drop them anonymously when it would hurt the program most. Welcome to having the worst scrub of a coach anyone could possibly imagine if he really does get fired.

wasn't a fan that recorded ebyl.

Yeah, they'll really want to come to an environment where fans are so spiteful they record conversations, hang onto them for two years, then drop them anonymously when it would hurt the program most. Welcome to having the worst scrub of a coach anyone could possibly imagine if he really does get fired.

I get a kick out of these people that say no coach will want to coach Nebraska if they fire Bo. Okay...Mr. Doomsday. Thanks for that pearl of wisdom. Coaches are (generally speaking) not a timid bunch. The opportunity to become the head football coach at the University of Nebraska would generate more than a few qualified applicants. Nebraska might even hit the jackpot and hire a coach who wont hire his friends and family to ride his coat-tails; humiliate his players publicly; consistantly under perform against ranked opponents; make inapropriate comments against the Husker Nation and former players; and last but not least, taint he image of Nebraska Football on a national level. So, please tell...what is YOUR definition of a "scrub of a coach"?

• Fire 2

wasn't a fan that recorded ebyl.

Then who? A booster? Another member of the media? Team Jack?

Also, did anyone read the Teddy Greenstein piece from the other day? Had an interesting suggestion for an interim HC should this happen--Barry Alvarez. And I don't think he was being all that facetious.

I think I could be okay with Barry on our sideline for the remainder of the year if they jettison Bo. Would be awkward if Nebraska makes the B1G Title Game against Wisky...but otherwise I would be fine with it.

I'm hearing that the situation regarding Bo is still uncertain and that Perlman and Eichorst have been hitting the phones like crazy to talk to the boosters. The reason this is taking so long is that just like the fanbase, the boosters seem to be pretty divided in how they think this should be handled.

In my opinion, this ongoing division is pretty destructive to the program. We need a coach we can all get behind and rally around. If Bo changes, maybe he can be that guy. But I'm not sure he can, or that he's going to be given yet another chance.

RSS is filled with a bunch of full blown retards that even though I pay my monthly payment for the recruiting info that I refuse to post anything on that site. There are numerous posters that have wanted Bo gone for years.

RSS is Nebraska's version of Shaggybevo

Without the cool GIF threads, the one with the statues is a classic.

The free-board is even worse, that place is a flat-out cesspool, avoid that place completely. I'll hang on RSS in the offseason and when things are going alright during the season. When things are bad it's a feeding-frenzy.

If you read Kenny Bell's actual tweet you see that he comes back with a "if you weren't one of the fans booing or leaving why do you care". The person that released the tape accomplished what they wanted too. I'm not on the fence on this one, I feel the same way about a fan base that leaves when the team is down only to run back when they make a comeback. Sit your a** down (or stand) and let the team know your there for them. Oh and, this thread is stupid, Kenny Bell's hit and Red Sea Scrolls, really?

Even if this is true now, or at the end of the season, it really, really sucks if you are a true Husker fan (and not sending audio to Deadspin)

Players will transfer. You know...players that Husker fans have been excited about? Gone.

Who will coach? Your grandmother's bridge partner? Frank + this = no sane good coach will *ever* come here.

Be careful what you wish for. Pelini's rant was bad, no doubt. But look at the options. Nebraska may soon envy Penn State.

Hell ya I envy Penn State, as in their coach, look at what Bill O'Brien has done.

With the bye week coming up here, is anyone worried that a decision to fire the coach has been put off until after SDSU? I mean, the audio didn't leak until Monday and there was nothing to talk about until Tuesday. Maybe they just decided that a Tuesday night or Wednesday morning decision as to who would coach the team would end up hurting the players most. Not that a decision to fire Bo won't hurt the players from a morale standpoint anyway.

Still, I am worried this might be the plan. Build the case against Bo over the course of the week. Then come out with a decision on Sunday, thus giving the interm coach two full weeks to get things figured out for Illinois.

We would be burning the rest of the season in Luke Fickell/Ohio State kind of fashion. Plus it would really suck that, once again, Bo would be shown the door right after he coached the Huskers to a win. Ironic anybody?

Even if this is true now, or at the end of the season, it really, really sucks if you are a true Husker fan (and not sending audio to Deadspin)

Players will transfer. You know...players that Husker fans have been excited about? Gone.

Who will coach? Your grandmother's bridge partner? Frank + this = no sane good coach will *ever* come here.

Be careful what you wish for. Pelini's rant was bad, no doubt. But look at the options. Nebraska may soon envy Penn State.

Hell ya I envy Penn State, as in their coach, look at what Bill O'Brien has done.

I am thinking you won't be envying Penn State too much by the time they get to year four of the NCAA's slow death penalty.