NU never contacted Scott Frost per Oregon Head Coach

Hiring Frost as HC would have been a huge mistake. Get him here as OC/asst coach and turn the reigns over when Riley retires.

Would TO have been the coach he was without his experience with Devaney? Maybe? Maybe not... But he learned what it took to be a HC without the learning curve.

You honestly are not interested in WHY Frost was not even considered?

I think it's really just as simple as our AD had his own guy, had done all his due diligence as is his job, and wasn't run by boosters or regents.

We don't know if we would have worked our way towards Frost had Riley declined. Eichorst values positive energy, and that is something I think Riley and Frost both share in abundance What Riley offers right now is a lot more experience and a lot more stability.

I assume the AD avoided the problem many AD's these days have trouble avoiding, namely, if you're going to be held accountable for your hiring decisions (and you are) you might as well make your own decisions, rather than let boosters, etc. "help" you make a decision you're not completely sold on.

Scott Frost's current salary is $400,000.

Coach O was making at one time $650,000 as an assistant coach.

Riley is making just less than $3 mil.

Tim Beck is making $700,000 a year.

Do the math, folks. Just cause Frost wasn't offered HC doesn't mean he wouldn't come as a coordinator. And truthfully, if he's honest with himself, he needs to learn at the feet of an established HC first. Two years isn't enough time, no matter if he were here, at Bama, Auburn, or in Eugene.

I'm pretty sure I would have been 10x more disappointed had Frost been hired as head coach of Nebraska. He inherited a great offense, and has continued the status quo. He is no where near ready to RUN a program by himself, He has barely had a YEAR as a OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR.

Man, I dont understand how people are in such a tizzy about the Riley hire but would have welcomed an unproven rookie head coach just because he has NU ties.

Asinine

I agree, trouble. I really like Frost for a lot of his traits, but this would be his first time assembling a staff on his own.

I guess I wouldn't have been disappointed at all in Frost, but much more nervous. Frost and Riley, I think we made the right call, by far. I'm glad we got the guy we got, even if I barely knew his name before it came up (the same would've been true for most coaches outside the obvious candidates).

I am too busy to read through this entire thread, but if it hasn't been mentioned, I wonder if Helfricht tipped his hand when asked about Frost.

A reporter asked if he had been contacted in regards to the head coaching position specifically, and Helfricht said, "No, not with regards to that."

I'm seeing on another message board that allegedly Frost and the new guy are supposed to meet this weekend to discuss the OC position, 7 figures possible.

Take it fwiw.

With Riley's past offenses in mind, I guess I'm confused at why he would bring in Frost as an offensive coordinator.

Frost has worked with a wide array of offensive schemes and playbooks. I have full confidence that he and Riley would be compatible.

I'm seeing on another message board that allegedly Frost and the new guy are supposed to meet this weekend to discuss the OC position, 7 figures possible.

Take it fwiw.

With Riley's past offenses in mind, I guess I'm confused at why he would bring in Frost as an offensive coordinator.

perhaps because oregon's offenses have been beating down Riley's D for the last decade...not every coach has to circle the wagon and hire a band of yes-men brothers.

I live in Portland. On my home this evening, the Oregon Head Coach had a quote on radio news that Scott Frost was NEVER contacted by NU.

I about drove off the road...................

Holy smokes! I would have driven off the road too if I came home and there was a quote from a radio station written on my home!

• Fire 1