Will There be War wt N Korea next 4 years

Will there be a War with N. Korea?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 weeks later...

8 hours ago, teachercd said:

I feel like you wouldn't tell the world you have this power...Hmmmm

The only way they are "useful" is if nations know you have them.  I really don't believe anyone "wants" to use them in a surprise attack.  (That doesn't mean someone won't be stupid enough to use them though, even though they know it is a horrible idea)

11 hours ago, zoogs said:

http://foreignpolicy.com/2018/01/08/its-time-to-bomb-north-korea/

The hawks in the room on why it's time to bomb North Korea, including don't worry about the potential civilian casualties in Seoul, it's their own fault they didn't move their capital further south.

Not even 12 hours later...

Trump considering striking North Korea, with Tillerson & Mattis trying to talk him out of it & McMaster pushing for the strike.

Oh boy. Strap in. We always knew this was a possibility, but we were also told on the campaign trail a President Trump would end the senseless conflicts like Iraq. I must say I'm shocked at McMaster. From what I have gathered he seems it genuinely relish the idea of a military conflict with NoKo. Apparently he is trying to convince Donald it would be a "bloody nose" strike wherein NoKo doesn't strike back because they don't view it as an opening salvo to war or nukes.

I'm guessing Trump is listening because he is itchy to use his military toys again. Remember the media orgy when he launched Tomahawk missles at Syria? Or how Fox News played Toby Keith over a big explosion from a bomb in Afghanistan?

Yuck. I hope cooler heads prevail. If they don't the loss of life will be immense.

• Plus1 1

Just the fact that it COULD happen, and our fate is almost totally in the Presidents hands, is very worrisome to me. If he decides to launch nukes, advisors can try to persuade him otherwise,  but in the end he can give the launch order, and it must be obeyed . I could understand that mentality with past presidents when they were usually one , or both of the following.

1.Former military men with first hand experience, and knowledge.

2. Thoughtful, well read individuals , who Listened to Military advice, understood policy, strategy, and the gravity of the decisions they were making.

Donald Trump has proven time and time again, that he is none of those things though , and the thought of his tiny hand on the nuke button is truly scary to me . So far i really think it's all bravado, chest pounding, and Trumps idea of "strategy", but i would feel much better if there were fail safes in place to override any devistatingly stupid decision he may choose  to make.

Edited by Big Red 40
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/8/2018 at 9:16 AM, schriznoeder said:

Attention Trump supporters: This is on YOU. Are you prepared to take ownership if/when it happens?

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s comment that Trump was a “f'ing moron” came after the president told his top advisers that he wanted a tenfold increase in the size of the US nuclear arsenal.

I hadn't previously read why Tillerson called him a moron. My God. I knew Trump wanted to increase the arsenal, which is stupid, but tenfold...? Does he want us all to starve to death? Is there even that much material in the world?

I wish the people around Trump had the guts to tell the truth and get rid of him.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 1