** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, huskerguy said:

Source: Gators AD has statement already drafted no matter the outcome of UGA game..

We now have more competition for Frost. Not a fan of firing coaches mid season but with the moved up signing day if Frost is our guy we need to be proactive 

What's the source for this?  But I completely agree with everything here!  We need to snag him before Florida does.

1 minute ago, huskerguy said:

Source: Gators AD has statement already drafted no matter the outcome of UGA game..

We now have more competition for Frost. Not a fan of firing coaches mid season but with the moved up signing day if Frost is our guy we need to be proactive 

Nobody will be doing any hiring until the regular season is through. If Nebraska lets Riley go the day after the Iowa game we should have plenty of time to court Frosty.

12 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

Yeah no sitting power 5 coach will

speak to other schools about their openings until their season is over.

Frost isn't a Power 5 coach haha.

All kidding aside the negotiations will begin behind the scene with the agents and Frost will know what's going on. 

Signing day day is less than 2 months away. Things have now been forced to speed up.

15 minutes ago, famoustitles said:

those gosh darn gators. 

I still think we've got the upper hand should we come calling. We could offer the same if not more money than them. If that's not important there are the connections with Nebraska and the fact his parents live in Lincoln. Nevermind he basically has to beat one team in the West to go to Indy every season and that's Wisconsin as we all know. 

8 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

I still think we've got the upper hand should we come calling. We could offer the same if not more money than them. If that's not important there are the connections with Nebraska and the fact his parents live in Lincoln. Nevermind he basically has to beat one team in the West to go to Indy every season and that's Wisconsin as we all know. 

Yeah I’m hopeful. Florida is the only team that concerned me in the Frost sweepstakes.  Their fan base seems all in on Frost from the 247 board. 

1 minute ago, famoustitles said:

Yeah I’m hopeful. Florida is the only team that concerned me in the Frost sweepstakes.  Their fan base seems all in on Frost from the 247 board. 

And all of these other programs are probably going to swing for the fence knowing that we've got an inside track on Frost. If what folks have said about Nebraska being his "dream job" are true, I just don't see him turning it down unless we offer significantly less than someone else for him and his staff. 

2 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

And all of these other programs are probably going to swing for the fence knowing that we've got an inside track on Frost. If what folks have said about Nebraska being his "dream job" are true, I just don't see him turning it down unless we offer significantly less than someone else for him and his staff. 

His dream job, and half of his staff's dream job....

• Plus1 5

8 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

His dream job, and half of his staff's dream job....

Good point, I think they all want Nebraska to return to its former glory and they'd probably love to be part of that. Of course he COULD turn us down or we COULD not offer him, but I think that would be a poor decision for both sides. I just don't see us at least not offering and talking with him. 

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I like that with different players and different offensive line coaches, his offensive lines at Oregon and UCF have been stellar.

The offense plays a big part in that. Getting the ball out quick and controlling numbers in the box are primary principles in that offense.

26 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Good point, I think they all want Nebraska to return to its former glory and they'd probably love to be part of that. Of course he COULD turn us down or we COULD not offer him, but I think that would be a poor decision for both sides. I just don't see us at least not offering and talking with him. 

IF Nebraska doesn't offer him then shame on us and we deserve to be a docile program for the next few decades. If we offer him and he turns us down, then fine, at least we tried.

• Plus1 1