** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

12 minutes ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

Sorry for using the wrong wordage (Not easy or Difficult)

There was nothing in that article that would make most reasonable people believe that there is NOT ENOUGH INTEREST from "big names" in the Tennessee job  if it comes open.  Or that the AD doesn't have a "yes" for a job that isn't even open.

Don't you think a program like Tennessee would only go after "big names"?  Which I assume by "big names" you mean people like Scott Frost.

Butch jones was not a big name when hired by Tennessee.  He was the "hot" name

Derek Dooley was not a big name.  Well sort of because of his dad.  But he himself wasn't. 

Lane Kiffin was a big name in name only.  No substance

So history lends itself that it doesn't matter if "Big Names" are not interested.

Once again, jessica tries to push a narrative without any substance

• Plus1 2

47 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Butch jones was not a big name when hired by Tennessee.  He was the "hot" name

Derek Dooley was not a big name.  Well sort of because of his dad.  But he himself wasn't. 

Lane Kiffin was a big name in name only.  No substance

So history lends itself that it doesn't matter if "Big Names" are not interested.

Once again, jessica tries to push a narrative without any substance

LOVE is blind!

18 minutes ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

Scott Frost is the Fonz of college football and the only person that can save Husker football.

There it’s back on track.

And if he were coach at Nebraska, he would consume the B1G with fireballs from his eyes,  and bolts of lightning from his arse.

• Plus1 4
5 hours ago, Isle of View said:

He's intense, he's engaged with players and coaches, he manages the clock well, he's energetic, he's hands on with both offense and defense, he's an incredible motivator -- opposite of Riley in pretty much every way.

Duplicate.

Edited by Enhance
Shoot - I accidentally deleted your comment thinking it was the duplicate. Sorry! Feel free to edit this one.

26 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

And if he were coach at Nebraska, he would consume the B1G with fireballs from his eyes,  and bolts of lightning from his arse.

That's only if he gets really angry.   Before that when the game is getting ugly he'll just give a stern look to both teams and the refs, and from then on the game will be played with the best sportsmanship ever, the refs will not make bad calls, and NU will win naturally.

Edited by GamingGlen
  • Plus1 1
5 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

If this season ends like it looks like it might, I don't know how you sell keeping Riley to recruits or fans.... The program is poisoned right now. If you bring him back you risk a talent deficit in the next couple classes, and you risk the last sacred tradition we have.... The sellout streak. I just don't know how you bring him back at this point.

Me either. I think the Husker Nation has moved on. Mr. Moos has had plenty of time to view how Coach Riley coaches as he saw him coach for Oregon St. (However, we still need to support our boys. I can’t imagine how they are feeling!)