** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

47 minutes ago, Kiz said:

A woman to whom I am married, I won't mention names, just asked why I have such a hard-on to get Scott Frost.  Help me out here if I forget any reasons.

1.  Our great football program deserves a great coach.

2.  He can build a program.  Look what he has done for UCF in two years.  He has a great history in coaching, even before UCF.  

3.  He can be a great recruiter.  He played in the NFL.  High school kids looking for a college want someone who can get them there.

4.  He's from N.  He gets it.  He understands the program, tradition, fanbase, culture.  He knows how to find the locker room.  His parents live here.

5.  He's a great guy, a good human being.  A family man of faith.  He'll make a good role model for our students and our state.

6.  I believe he has publicly stated that this is his dream job.  I like it when people get to live their dreams.

What else?

I agree with everything except #4.  I hate that reason for any hiring.  The locker room also switched from south stadium to north stadium since he's been here so he may need help finding it.

5 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

Man Sipples article on other coaches make me cringe.  Lane Kiffin, really sipple?

He's probably just struggling to get something interesting that isn't just Frost. Nebraska writers are in a tough spot. Nobody cares about the rest of the season, and we all know Frost is the #1 choice. 

You know your team is having fun when the punter has his own celebration.

9 minutes ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

Will be interesting to see if the SF thread or the Penn State game thread has more viewers throughout the day.

I'll inflate the game thread with pointless optimism.