Frost Advisory

What did we learn?....Minnesota

I learned that Moos needs to fire Riley this week.  I know he said he doesn't fire a coach during the season, but this has to stop.  I was all for letting him finish the season but not after today.  He has clearly lost this team.  Rip the band-aid off already.

Edited by Frost Advisory

gobiggergoredder    1,349

Offense:

-Wilbon stops before contact.  No idea why he starts.

-Speilman is great.

-POBs pocket presence is 10 times better than Lee

Defense:

-Worst tackling I've seen in my life.  You can tell they don't practice.  They approach the ball carrier like its "touch".  They reach and don't square up.

-Our corners don't understand zone.  Even when someone is in their zone, they stay off em.

Coaching:

-Obvious

-Timeouts at the end of the game.  Unreal.

commando    1,493
7 minutes ago, Frost Advisory said:

I learned that Moos needs to fire Riley this week.  I know he said he doesn't fire a coach during the season, but this has to stop.  I was all for letting him finish the season but not after today.  He has clearly lost this team.  Rip the band-aid off already.

not sure we gain anything by firing him now.  this is already a lost season and no one we can put in place temporarily will change that.   let's just hope the next coach can rebuild this mess.

trouble    63

This team is way worse than 2007.  Ive kept quiet most of the year and dont care for in season firings but you can tell this team doesnt give two craps anymore.  Get Riley out and lets just move on. 

I can't believe Im saying this, but I don't even want to watch this product anymore this season. Unbelievable.

Caliborn72    96

- I went from hating watching these teams run all over our defense to respecting it. At some point in the game today, I somewhat enjoyed watching Minnesota just because it was refreshing to see a staff do more with less. Complete apathy set in by halftime even though I was hilariously pondering if we could finish the season 2-1 before the game started. :facepalm:

- Felt really bad for Mick when they showed him after the TD. There is some quit for sure, but there are some players giving it their all and I can’t imagine what they feel.

- I don’t think any assistant should be retained besides Parella. Let Frost or whoever is the next coach clean house if he feels like it. I’m really tired of these coaches firing shots at each other.

- It can still get worse despite knowing these next two games should be blowouts. I wonder what the combined score will be.

- Schaefer mentioned attrition is coming. I’m nervous for this off-season even if we make the right hire.

neepster    105
2 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

-Plus1Plus1 

- I don’t think any assistant should be retained besides Parella. Let Frost or whoever is the next coach clean house if he feels like it. I’m really tired of these coaches firing shots at each other.

No one should be retained from this dumpster fire.  Clean house completely.  If that means you sweep out some of the good with the bad, well so be it.  The good will find another home.

Comfortably Numb    4,871
Just now, commando said:

not sure we gain anything by firing him now.  this is already a lost season and no one we can put in place temporarily will change that.   let's just hope the next coach can rebuild this mess.

Its not about having anyone better to step in or about winning either of the two remaining farces. I think it needs to be now to stop the players from being influenced (damaged) by this staff any more and possibly to give them a little something to play for. They sure haven’t been inspired to do anything for Riley, Diaco or Langsdorf. Moos also has to be concerned about placating a very dissatisfied fan base. If the announcement is not made before the Iowa game, I can easily see the stadium less than1/3 full....at the beginning of the game. I mean really, at this point I would have to wonder about anyone who would show up to watch a Riley coached team. But, I can see the fans showing up to support the players and program after you know that Riley and crew are gone. It is serving absolutely no purpose to retain this staff any longer and is causing more harm than good. 

5 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

I don't get the Parella love.  What has he done?

lo country    2,262

We are worse than I thought we were last week.

Spielman is a baller. 

With experience and the right staff POB could do well.

I didn't see anything positive from the D.

The 3 time outs at the end was an embarrassment IMHO.  Like getting a TD, would erase your lack if coaching.

This staff has no ability to recognize or develop talent. The two best blocks I've seen all season were from Bo Wilson...

The defensive scheme is the worst I have seen.  Arm tackling, timid, not physical..

i think the team team is truly physically and mentally beat.

Our S&C is lacking..

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I learned that Riley lovers forget to post on Saturday

We should probably quit acting like Riley lovers are an actual thing. I can only come up with 3 names of people on this board who would possibly fall into that category, and 2 of those aren’t really arguing to keep him. Seems like a lot of wasted effort to worry about the fringe <1%.

commando    1,493
4 minutes ago, El Diaco said:

Its not about having anyone better to step in or about winning either of the two remaining farces. I think it needs to be now to stop the players from being influenced (damaged) by this staff any more and possibly to give them a little something to play for. They sure haven’t been inspired to do anything for Riley, Diaco or Langsdorf. Moos also has to be concerned about placating a very dissatisfied fan base. If the announcement is not made before the Iowa game, I can easily see the stadium less than1/3 full....at the beginning of the game. I mean really, at this point I would have to wonder about anyone who would show up to watch a Riley coached team. But, I can see the fans showing up to support the players and program after you know that Riley and crew are gone. It is serving absolutely no purpose to retain this staff any longer and is causing more harm than good. 

lol...is there anyone that thinks riley isn't gone after the season?     

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The movement to keep Diaco is hereby dead and outlawed.

On that note, anybody got any user name suggestions?

teachercd    3,068
1 minute ago, El Diaco said:

We should probably quit acting like Riley lovers are an actual thing. I can only come up with 3 names of people on this board who would possibly fall into that category, and 2 of those aren’t really arguing to keep him. Seems like a lot of wasted effort to worry about the fringe <1%.

3?  Good gravy...that is more than I thought.  Who are they?

Husker66    97

nothing new since 2007...

what?  there was a game today? . kids home from K state, went coyote hunting all morning , now watching Iowa State, duck hunting tomorrow...

shocking this is where I have arrived,  never thought it would be possible. but I learned in Nebraska how to work hard and earn it...the university hasn't been earning it.....

Edited by Husker66

mwj98    130
Just now, Red Five said:

I think we need to start calling Diaco “The Heist” because he is stealing $1.7M from Nebraska.

More like Lufthansa.....no one saw it coming

1 minute ago, commando said:

lol...is there anyone that thinks riley isn't gone after the season?     

I sure hope not. But seriously, I wouldn’t walk across the street to watch a Riley coached team play  for free. Maybe that’s just me but I think Moos needs to act now.

fire mike    540
7 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Played at Nebraska, that is about it.

Mavric    9,824
9 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I wouldn't mind keeping him. I'd like to see what his guys can do in a competent scheme.

mwj98    130
1 minute ago, fire mike said:

Played at Nebraska, that is about it.

Beast at nebraska. Understands tradition. From grand island. 10 plus years in the league. Loyal as hell.....need I go on?

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

3?  Good gravy...that is more than I thought.  Who are they?

zoogs & NM ( the 2) and I’m not recalling the 3rd more vocal guy because I have him on ignore so I don’t see the dipsh#ttery on a regular basis.

2 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

Beast at nebraska. Understands tradition. From grand island. 10 plus years in the league. Loyal as hell.....need I go on?

Did more in one offseason than Hughes his entire career getting Daniels and Thomas.

teachercd    3,068
1 minute ago, El Diaco said:

zoogs & NM ( the 2) and I’m not recalling the 3rd more vocal guy because I have him on ignore so I don’t see the dipsh#ttery on a regular basis.

NM is a Riley Lover?  I have not noticed that...I know Zoogs is, big time.

Decked    673
Just now, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

Did more in one offseason than Hughes his entire career getting Daniels and Thomas.

I think I've done about as much as Hughes that's not very fair lol

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I wouldn't mind keeping him. I'd like to see what his guys can do in a competent scheme.

It's hard to look good when your boss and counterparts are horrid, but I'd argue with anyone that doesn't think our DL is as bad as any unit on the team.

12 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Probably not “love” per se but more willing to give the benefit of the doubt. I mean I think all aspects of the D have been atrocious, including whatever Parella is responsible for. But I wouldn’t be opposed to firing everyone else and letting Parella interim for 2 games just because he is an ex-Husker from a much better era. Probably misguided thinking but that’s where I’m at.

Mavric    9,824
1 minute ago, gobiggergoredder said:

It's hard to look good when your boss and counterparts are horrid, but I'd argue with anyone that doesn't think our DL is as bad as any unit on the team.

The thing is you have to look at what they are being ASKED to do, not what we WANT them to be doing.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

NM is a Riley Lover?  I have not noticed that...I know Zoogs is, big time.

No, she is not a Riley “lover” but has not seemed too opposed to the idea of him hanging on for another season. Or maybe I’m just misreading her lack of desire for Frost...