Any other Husker/Bronco fans here?

My son was in the hospital a couple moths ago. Trevor Siemian, on his off week after the bills loss came to visit the oncology floor. 

He came to my sons room and we started chatting. Really nice guy, 

I told him we were definitely broncos fans. But we were really huge Husker fans. Recalled him beating us while he was at NWU. We laughed a little and he said he lost a couple to us too. 

He noted there were several Huskers in the Broncos and the conversation took a nice turn (for my son and me) to Janikowski, Zaire, Potter et al. 

His assistant quickly noted that “all you Husker fans are like a cult following, every time we meet a Husker fan they always bring up their boys!”  I duly noted, and after a couple autographs and pictures we shook hands and told each other good luck. He was great to my son and seemed to genuinely care. 

Thays my Husker/Bronco story. Football this season has SUCKED 

4 hours ago, Gage County said:

Northwest Mo State in Maryville. The Bearcats have won 6 D2 MNC in the last 20 years. They had a 38 game win streak snapped last month. The Bearcats are 84-9 since the start of the 2011 season.

One of their MNC rivals is Grand Valley. Their accomplishments are nearly as impressive. 32 consecutive non-losing season's, .729 winning percentage. 4 D2 MNC in the last 15 years. The Lakers have a 40 game winning streak, a D2 record, and it was snapped by NWMSU in the championship game.

NWMSU is a fun team to follow. Being from Beatrice, some of my friends are NW alumni. Living outside of Ann Arbor, I now have several Laker friends. These teams are a blast to casually follow.

Thanks for answering. You did a better job than I would have. Interesting enough, I am also from Beatrice. 

8 hours ago, I am I said:

My son was in the hospital a couple moths ago. Trevor Siemian, on his off week after the bills loss came to visit the oncology floor. 

He came to my sons room and we started chatting. Really nice guy, 

I told him we were definitely broncos fans. But we were really huge Husker fans. Recalled him beating us while he was at NWU. We laughed a little and he said he lost a couple to us too. 

He noted there were several Huskers in the Broncos and the conversation took a nice turn (for my son and me) to Janikowski, Zaire, Potter et al. 

His assistant quickly noted that “all you Husker fans are like a cult following, every time we meet a Husker fan they always bring up their boys!”  I duly noted, and after a couple autographs and pictures we shook hands and told each other good luck. He was great to my son and seemed to genuinely care. 

Thays my Husker/Bronco story. Football this season has SUCKED 

That's a really cool story, glad to hear that! Sounds much better than watching football this season!

I guess we Broncos/Cornhusker fans have to resign ourselves to the fact we're going to have one of the top picks in the next draft.

The offensive line is in need of a major upgrade. The defense lost so much when the 3-4 wizard Wade Phillips left for L.A.

On the bright side it's nice to know there are so many fellow Bronco fans on this board. Misery loves company.

• Plus1 1