Purdue Week Pressers

I think this was Frost's best press conference since he was hired.   I've not seem all of them but this was a dam good one.  He was frank, honest and focused and sure of himself.  This was a rough rough outcome and no coach wants to have to face the media after an onslaught of this proportion.   We played poorly in almost every area but we were totally out matched on the line of scrimmage and perhaps elsewhere.   This is not surprising and most had us losing badly to Michigan last winter.   It sounds as though the team practiced well today and that is a good sign that not many quitters on this squad as has been alleged.   

I have felt since Sunday morning that we will get our first win on Saturday and I expect the team to play much harder and somewhat smarter.  We are gonna have our errors but there will be fewer and I think the defense will play much better.  I think we score 35 plus and hold purdue to 24 or less.

6 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Man.... I don't even care. 

If it takes Scott Frost 2 years to get a locker room full of kids who think and speak and act like Tre Neal... man, we're going to be alright. We'll be just fine. 

I was going to post get 22 guys that think like Tre and Barry and you'd have an unstoppable team.

7 hours ago, Lyons in the Sea of Red. said:

Some of the quotes from Frost today really don't sit too well and are scary. 

"we aren't that far off" 

"the film wasn't as bad as it looked."

Dude you got absolutely bullied. That team would have ran the ball and sacked the qb blindfolded. 

And for the love, please stop selecting Lamar Jackson for interviews. 

I agree.  I listened to it in the car, wincing.  How was that close?  They got mauled at the line.  He listed 3 guys by name "doing it right" and alluded to more, but how is bringing 185 lb DB's, to a full house MU goal line package, close?  And good practices are fine, but we've heard good prior and come to find out the last couple weeks weren't good.

I was hoping for more bite and acknowledgement towards reality.   I think I want to see a lot of new faces.  I wanted to actually hear a few quit.  MU said we gave up in spots! The wins will be a by-product of culture reform...which is overdue.

To also re-affirm, I'll be all-in on Frost while he's in Lincoln.

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, Lyons in the Sea of Red. said:

Some of the quotes from Frost today really don't sit too well and are scary. 

"we aren't that far off" 

"the film wasn't as bad as it looked."

Dude you got absolutely bullied. That team would have ran the ball and sacked the qb blindfolded. 

And for the love, please stop selecting Lamar Jackson for interviews. 

The thing is though, Coach Frost is right.  For example, on Nebraska's opening offensive drive against Michigan, the pass that was batted at the line of scrimmage and intercepted...If Adrian Martinez completes that pass, it is a touchdown because our WR was wide open.  Then there was a screen Nebraska had set up with 2 blockers out front and all they had to do was block the safety and that screen pass would have gone a long way.

So yeah, those are just two examples where if one small thing happens differently, the outcome of the play dramatically changes.  As Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday says, "Football is a game of inches..." 

11 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

The thing is though, Coach Frost is right.  For example, on Nebraska's opening offensive drive against Michigan, the pass that was batted at the line of scrimmage and intercepted...If Adrian Martinez completes that pass, it is a touchdown because our WR was wide open.  Then there was a screen Nebraska had set up with 2 blockers out front and all they had to do was block the safety and that screen pass would have gone a long way.

So yeah, those are just two examples where if one small thing happens differently, the outcome of the play dramatically changes.  As Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday says, "Football is a game of inches..." 

So there were some "what if" plays. There were also a large example of plays where the only "what if" there was is "what if Nebraska put 15 defenders on the field, would we have only gotten knocked off the line of scrimmage 3 yards instead of 5?"

• Plus1 1

Man...I can't imagine Martinez being any more well-spoken of an 18 year old kid. Dude has maturity beyond his years.

Screw that last question he got asked of "Do you think the offense is better when you're running it?" I felt sorry for him to have to field a question that leading and that stupid but he did a great job giving a generic answer. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1