Memorial Stadium Renovation

On 10/1/2023 at 7:20 PM, BigRedBuster said:

While we are changing things at the stadium, can we please switch sides of the field so on a 95 degree day in the fall our ram is the one more comfortable in the shade and not the one still in the blazing sun?

I've never understood why we are on the East side. I get that for the one, maybe two games a year where it is cold and the sun is out, it can help keep the team warm. But for the other 5-6 games, especially the early season games, we're looking into the sun and/or getting blasted from the heat without shade. Looking up at the West skyboxes is a pretty cool visual for recruits, but otherwise I don't see a lot of value in sticking to the East side. 

Additionally, it seems more logical to put the opposing team closer to the louder area of the stadium near the students. 

• TBH 2

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

It never made sense for me to have the band right behind our team either.  They should be behind the visitors.

I forget, is it confirmed the new configuration will have the students/band in the lower level of the new south stadium?

I believe the plan as of right is that the new South Stadium will have a multiple-level grandstand and will have the students and band in their own section near the field level. This will allow them to stand the whole game without bothering older season ticket holders.The students will apparently also have their own back concourse area where they can gather and mingle.

• Plus1 1

I think the concourse area behind the students is going to be part of the same concourse available to south, east and west ticket holders, as part of the 270 degree continuity. I think the "gather and mingle" comment (believe that was in an LJS article) was more due to the fact that students have been split between two sections and never had a good area to really meet up in the stadium. I remember when I was a student too, east student ticket holders could go sit in south, but not vice versa.

Which is really annoying, because I dated a girl in college who didn't get into east, so I sacrificed my seating to go sit with her my senior year. And then I ended up breaking up with her. Never had the chance to enjoy my east side tickets because of her and I definitely still hold it against her. :lol:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 5

I still don't get people acting like our athletic department can't do more than one thing at a time.  We have to build the team before we worry about the stadium, etc.  Trev can address all at the same time.  He's already put the football staff in place that he thinks will turn the tide.  He gave Rhule ample salary to hire the guys he wanted.  He's got a huge support staff.  Doing the stadium project isn't taking from NIL, what we can pay coaches, or anything else.  South stadium has been an eyesore for too long, and I've only sat there once, but apparently it's an enormous pain in the arse to get in and out of, get concessions, etc.  This is long overdue and the perfect time to do it IMO.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3
On 9/30/2023 at 7:09 AM, Hooked on Huskers said:

You need to drag oxygen tank and high powered binocular ;).  East upper deck seats was way too high.  I ventured OU upper deck stadium, similar to Memorial ..... literally ants and I can't read player's numbers !!

600x450.jpg

Best solution, cover tarp in east upper deck seats

san-diego-chargers-v-oakland-raiders.jpg

I've never seen a poster have so many good ideas like red hedges, etc, followed by garbage ideas like tarping east stadium.  Those are some great seats up there, although you don't feel quite the same atmosphere as you do lower.  These seats aren't any higher than any NFL stadium that seats 70k and has all chairbacks.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

3 hours ago, jamesbond said:

Boooooo, on a renovation. The place is just a dump. They literally have porta-potties lining the walkways. Use the 450 million to start building a new stadium that holds around 75,000.

SLEEPER AGENT.

No true Husker fan would ever suggest replacing tradition.

• TBH 1
4 hours ago, Twinkletoes Flintstone said:

Can't wait to see some better renderings on what exactly the south stands will look like.  I've heard that may be a year out.  

This I was hoping to see renders of things from the ground level, inside etc. 

But from the sounds of it maybe a lot of details still up in the air. 

• Plus1 1