** 2023 Opponent Preview : Northwestern (Game 7) **

Northwestern has irritated me for years. A modest amount of modern day success, and suddenly they act like they invented football. But my irritation with them and their ilk really elevated in the 2020 season, when Neb publicly stated they wanted to play a season and some Northwestern Alums decided to weigh in. I'm sure you remember these comments

“I'm going to applaud the presidents for not listening to the likes of people at Nebraska, who are doing the biggest whining,” Wilbon said on Pardon the Interruption on Tuesday. “The Big Ten has operated for 116 seasons, mostly damn successful without Nebraska, which has been around for the last nine...You know what, I hope somebody on that call said to Nebraska’s representatives, even its president, get the hell out." -Michael Wilbon https://247sports.com/Article/Nebraska-Big-Ten-cancels-season-Mike-Wilbon-rips-attempts-to-play-no-matter-what-Scott-Frost-Big-12-150158177/

And who could forget Christine Brennan. When the B1G decided to play a season, she called it "the darkest day in Big Ten sports history." I have to imagine some victims in Happy Valley, Ann Arbor, East Lansing, and Columbus might feel differently. She also added "This is the Nebraska-ization of the Big Ten. Who would have thought that when Nebraska and Ohio State and a few of the league’s other squeakiest wheels started whining about missing out on football, the Big Ten presidents would buckle rather than stand up to them?" https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/brennan/2020/09/16/big-ten-football-decision-marks-darkest-day/5793238002/

Northwestern went on to have a sex scandal of their own Northwestern Cheerleaders Forced Into 'Commercial Sex Acts': Suit Couldn't find any comments from Brennan or Wilbon about this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but man they sure do clutch their pearls and shout from the top of their lungs when Neb wants to play a season. Imagine that.

And now this latest one. A culture of hazing players with coerced sexual acts, with a white board in the locker room to keep track.

I recall Fitz thumping his chest about how great his "Culture" was last year in Dublin. Funny how things work out.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2

3 hours ago, Fru said:

Northwestern has irritated me for years. A modest amount of modern day success, and suddenly they act like they invented football. But my irritation with them and their ilk really elevated in the 2020 season, when Neb publicly stated they wanted to play a season and some Northwestern Alums decided to weigh in. I'm sure you remember these comments

“I'm going to applaud the presidents for not listening to the likes of people at Nebraska, who are doing the biggest whining,” Wilbon said on Pardon the Interruption on Tuesday. “The Big Ten has operated for 116 seasons, mostly damn successful without Nebraska, which has been around for the last nine...You know what, I hope somebody on that call said to Nebraska’s representatives, even its president, get the hell out." -Michael Wilbon https://247sports.com/Article/Nebraska-Big-Ten-cancels-season-Mike-Wilbon-rips-attempts-to-play-no-matter-what-Scott-Frost-Big-12-150158177/

And who could forget Christine Brennan. When the B1G decided to play a season, she called it "the darkest day in Big Ten sports history." I have to imagine some victims in Happy Valley, Ann Arbor, East Lansing, and Columbus might feel differently. She also added "This is the Nebraska-ization of the Big Ten. Who would have thought that when Nebraska and Ohio State and a few of the league’s other squeakiest wheels started whining about missing out on football, the Big Ten presidents would buckle rather than stand up to them?" https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/brennan/2020/09/16/big-ten-football-decision-marks-darkest-day/5793238002/

Northwestern went on to have a sex scandal of their own Northwestern Cheerleaders Forced Into 'Commercial Sex Acts': Suit Couldn't find any comments from Brennan or Wilbon about this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but man they sure do clutch their pearls and shout from the top of their lungs when Neb wants to play a season. Imagine that.

And now this latest one. A culture of hazing players with coerced sexual acts, with a white board in the locker room to keep track.

I recall Fitz thumping his chest about how great his "Culture" was last year in Dublin. Funny how things work out.

Fitz will be out of a job sometime this week.

• Oh Yeah! 2

2 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Pretty disappointed in Fitzgerald and faculty also to be honest but now the former player who spoke out about the hazing is being called out by his teammates.

The truth is likely somewhere in the middle.  It probably needed to stop.  It probably wasn't that bad.

I still love when the pirate put Craig James kid in the equipment shed.  Good move.  Lost his job.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, BlackHillsHusker said:

Screenshot_20230710_120848_Twitter.jpg

The use of 'anonymous' in the media become gross.  My other favorite is "a source close to the situation said".  I understand this is the Daily Northwestern, but it's in the mainstream every day.   It's tabloid and forces the defendant to respond to potentially nothing.

Let's dig into the guy that actually gave his name (I have to at least give him credit for that)......

• he felt like he had to fit in
  • was a major factor is his diagnosis
    • What else is there?

When you interact with 1,000s of people you're going to find some that feel like they were treated poorly.  If the evidence supports that then something needs to be done.  Until there is some, it's best to refrain from judgement.  I think we'll hear from 2-4 more players in the next week that have similar vague stories and next thing you know it's start of the first game.

Not looking good for NU.

• Haha 3