** 2023 Opponent Preview : Northwestern (Game 7) **

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I think everyone agrees that a thorough house cleaning is needed but I am not sure you can fire an entire football staff in July and find enough coaches to fill those roles.  So Fitz takes the (deserved) fall now, and then the rest will be gone in December.

I would think you fire the AD soon as well, and then you can get a new AD in place by fall so that he can be the one making the hiring decision.

As all this is unfolding, it keep occurring to me how lucky Ferentz and Iowa's little "investigation" happened when the world was completely distracted by covid. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

There are probably a lot of young guys out there that would throw their hat into the ring just to get exposure by coaching at  BIG school.  

And where else can you lose to Howard the Duck and people be like “that guy did a really good job this year.”

1 hour ago, brophog said:

And where else can you lose to Howard the Duck and people be like “that guy did a really good job this year.”

I mean if you take over a new team in July and still compete is some games that's a win no matter what.  Even if you are say a coach at the Div II level and got Northwestern to compete with an entirely new staff a month before the season that's gonna land you a job somewhere even if it's FCS or a bad group of 5 school that's a step up 

7 hours ago, brophog said:

Is there a real possibility they don’t do the stadium renovation? I’ve seen speculation from various sources, but nothing with any substance attached.

Possibly?  For sure.  

Right now all I’ve seen is a faculty group asking to stall the project that, to my knowledge, hasn’t even started.

My personal opinion……the renovation will get chopped.  Easily the most dated stadium I’ve been in recently.  The sound was terrible.  The things we’ve become use to (big replay boards, interaction) don’t exist or are weak.

On 7/14/2023 at 9:22 AM, RedDenver said:

Wasn't NW building a new stadium at some point?

They were planning on tearing down a lot (if not all) of the existing stadium and replacing it was a newer structure. I believe they were planning to start right after the 2023 season, but I’m not sure where NW would play for 2024 (assuming it would be done for 2025). But, all of those plans seem to be put on hold for now.