** 2023 Opponent Preview : Wisconsin (Game 11) **

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think the key to this game is to have some type of success early.  If we come out and throw an interception giving them a short field and an early TD, we probably lose this game because they will gain some confidence.  If we come out and make them struggle on offense...while finding some form of success by putting some points on the board, then the Wisky team that quits might show up.

I agree.  So I hope we have good ball control and blocking up front so we can get the balls out of the mistake prone QB (whichever one) hands and into EJ's hands and we run, run, run.  

7 minutes ago, deedsker said:

Sims gets the start until we have to turn to Woche after the first two turnovers? 

Gonna be tough to put Woche in when he's not traveling, they're bringing Longval. Who will not see the field unless the 3 others are all hurt.

My guess is Sims with a quick hook to Purdy if necessary - which will almost certainly be necessary. But Sims is the only healthy QB we have, so unless they've just decided Purdy is healthy enough and gave him the reps all week I'm thinking Sims starts. Would love to be wrong, I'd rather see Purdy get a shot from the start. It is possible practice Sims finally shows up, but he's had a lot of opportunities and screwed it up each time.

10 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Gonna be tough to put Woche in when he's not traveling, they're bringing Longval. Who will not see the field unless the 3 others are all hurt.

My guess is Sims with a quick hook to Purdy if necessary - which will almost certainly be necessary. But Sims is the only healthy QB we have, so unless they've just decided Purdy is healthy enough and gave him the reps all week I'm thinking Sims starts. Would love to be wrong, I'd rather see Purdy get a shot from the start. It is possible practice Sims finally shows up, but he's had a lot of opportunities and screwed it up each time.

I will personally pay for Woches plane ticket if it means the 3 we’ve seen don’t stsrt

also if Sims gets the start it confirms Sat and Rhule are clinically insane

29 minutes ago, Scofrosghost said:

I will personally pay for Woches plane ticket if it means the 3 we’ve seen don’t stsrt

also if Sims gets the start it confirms Sat and Rhule are clinically insane

I mean, Sims does have the raw athleticism to give our offense a chance to be productive. He just can't get past the basics. HH is worth playing if he isn't 100% and Purdy is struggling with injury as well. If Longval is actually #4, if he can take a snap without fumbling and hand it to EJ he might be needed before halftime.

• Oh Yeah! 1
11 minutes ago, deedsker said:

I mean, Sims does have the raw athleticism to give our offense a chance to be productive. He just can't get past the basics. HH is worth playing if he isn't 100% and Purdy is struggling with injury as well. If Longval is actually #4, if he can take a snap without fumbling and hand it to EJ he might be needed before halftime.

I don’t care if Sims is Lamar Jackson reincarnated, if he can’t protect the ball he should never sniff the offensive side of the ball. 

The fact that the only thing consistent about him is that he WILL fumble or throw ints and they STILL insist on playing him makes them clinically insane (doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results) or culpable and intentionally throwing games. 

that said I agree if they want to show some semblance of trying to win they may need to turn to Longval sooner than later

7 minutes ago, Scofrosghost said:

I don’t care if Sims is Lamar Jackson reincarnated, if he can’t protect the ball he should never sniff the offensive side of the ball.

By all means yes, but a freshman from Sioux City doesn't exactly scream confidence either. Sims could succeed. It just isn't likely at this point. 

Sounds like Purdy practiced, so he might as well get first crack at it. He did have one good drive. :dunno

53 minutes ago, deedsker said:

By all means yes, but a freshman from Sioux City doesn't exactly scream confidence either. Sims could succeed. It just isn't likely at this point. 

Sounds like Purdy practiced, so he might as well get first crack at it. He did have one good drive. :dunno

Fair, I guess at this point the qbs have been so bad I’d rather take the devil we don’t know then the devil we do. 

when it comes to Purdy he had a really good drive. “Right up to the point he left his wingman” by trying to play hero.

I’d be ok with either him or a complete unknown at this point and hope and pray the defense can bail them out yet again

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

I’m all for trying this game to be the start of an amazing story of Purdy buried on the depth chart then rises to be the hero of thee season. Then, becomes at two year starter….beating out two transfer QBs next year to lead us to the conference championship. 

Then, he gets drafted….ultimately meeting his brother in the superbowl. 

A guy can dream.  

It would suck…but I’d be fine with trying Purdy even if he throws three picks and loses by 3. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m all for trying this game to be the start of an amazing story of Purdy buried on the broth chart then rises to be the hero of thee season. Then, becomes at two year starter….beating out two transfer QBs next year to lead us to the conference championship. 

Then, he gets drafted….ultimately meeting his brother in the superbowl. 

A guy can dream.  

It would suck…but I’d be fine with trying Purdy even if he throws three picks and loses by 3. 

Well, it IS soup season

• Haha 2
19 hours ago, GSG said:

The game preview thread on Reddit is kinda hilarious. Wisconsin fans all think Nebraska will win, and Nebraska fans all think Wisconsin will win.

A battle of which team wants it less!