** 2023 Opponent Preview : Iowa (Game 12) **

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Iowa's best player leaving early for the NFL after the season

Can't say as I blame him. He's picked to the be the 1st or 2nd punter taken in the 2024 draft and will probably make north of $1M. Big loss for Iowa since in the games I've watched he had the most impact of any player on their team. We don't want to get into a punting dual with him on black Friday but in looking at both offenses and defenses it seems inevitable (unless we continue our turnover festival which greatly reduces the need for punts).

24 minutes ago, Undone said:

This was amusing as his QBR against Maryland wound up being 0.6. I know he only played a bit...but still.     :lol:

And Deacon Hill had his best game with a 58.2 vs Rutgers.

And 58.2 isn't what anyone would call good (a full season of 58.2 would be the 75th best in the country). 

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Iowa's 2nd best player (DB/KR Cooper DeJean) is rumored to have picked up an injury at practice this week and is done for the regular season.

Hawkeye insider confirmed he is done for the regular season.  They weren't sure about the possibility he would be back for the bowl game.

https://247sports.com/college/iowa/Article/cooper-dejean-sustains-injury-in-practice-status-unknown-ahead-of-saturdays-home-finale-220460334/