New B1G Scheduling Model

Honestly, that's about as balanced as it can get, for us anyway.

• Iowa every year, everyone else either 2 or 3 times
  • Home/away pretty well split
  • Ohio State 3 times but Michigan only 2
  • USC/UCLA 3 times but Oregon/Washington only 2
  • Wisconsin 3 times (2 at home), Penn State only twice
  • Out of the three far-east teams, only Rutgers three times and two are at home; @ PSU and @ Maryland only once
  • Fire 1

22 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Is the Black Friday game remain iowa or does that change.  Please let it change, so tired of playing these pukes at the end of the year.

I don’t see it changing, if NU wants to continue to play on Black Friday. Both teams are going to play each other every year, and for now, both teams are willing to have that game every year on Black Friday. 

19 minutes ago, Mavric said:

F7sVulIXAAAR4pQ?format=jpg&name=small

F7sVv06WgAAO7z5?format=jpg&name=small

F7sYJPwWUAAJdWE?format=jpg&name=small

F7sX01dWMAAyv-_?format=jpg&name=small

3 things:

1) I didn't know that Illinois/Purdue was that big of a football rivalry to be protected.  I guess they play for the Purdue Cannon?

2) Ahh yes, that storied Rutgers/Maryland rivalry

3) The B1G has more money than they know what to do with, but took screen grabs off of their TV program for these graphics (note the scoreboard crawl on the bottom of each graphic)  Lol

• Plus1 2

42 minutes ago, Red Five said:

3 things:

1) I didn't know that Illinois/Purdue was that big of a football rivalry to be protected.  I guess they play for the Purdue Cannon?

2) Ahh yes, that storied Rutgers/Maryland rivalry

3) The B1G has more money than they know what to do with, but took screen grabs off of their TV program for these graphics (note the scoreboard crawl on the bottom of each graphic)  Lol

It isn't.  No one at either school cares about that or even knows about it.  

• TBH 1

Iowa having 3 protected games could be a blessing or a curse for them. None of Wisconsin, Minnesota, or us are scary right now. But all 3 have been fairly solid, so in say 2025 where they get Oregon, Penn State, and USC it's not nothing. And I don't think either fanbase sees Iowa/Wisconsin as a rivalry game.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You didn't think two conference foes less than 100 miles apart would be rivals?

Not the poster you're quoting but I don't think proximity alone is enough to justify protecting it, no. They each already have an in-state protected game that means more.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You didn't think two conference foes less than 100 miles apart would be rivals?

I get they are rivals.  But enough to be protected?  Or are they just angling for another easier game and less exposure to OSU, Mich, PSU, USC, etc.

I would argue that historically Michigan/Minnesota is a bigger rivalry.  But that game isn't protected.

• TBH 1