New B1G Scheduling Model

2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Iowa, Northwestern, Penn State, Purdue, UCLA at home

Indiana, Michigan State, Minnesota, Wisconsin away

Maryland, Minnesota, Ohio State, USC at home

Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Rutgers, UCLA away

Those are some solid schedules from an entertainment perspective. 2025 though, whoofta. 

You have home and away flip flopped both years. Just FYI….

• TBH 1

Alberts said each school got to list their top three choices.  Nebraska's were Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota, in that order.  Alberts talked to Barta and Iowa agreed.

Alberts said he already knows who our "two-play" opponents are for 25 and 26 but that won't be revealed until later.

Optimist: New schedule/format is gonna be a lot of fun- particularly the trips to LA.  We are in a very unique position given our geography to have a step up in both Texas & CA (recruiting wise) against pretty much any big10 team besides Ohio state, Michigan and USC.  

Negative nancy: Hot damn we really missed the boat with our ineptitude the past 10 years and not taking advantage of the easy as hell division we were in.  Gonna be a helluva lot harder now to have to be top 2 when OSU, USC and michigan are at the top. 

Was somewhat hoping the big10 was gonna be a trailblazer and do a top 4 mini playoff to decide conf champ.  Would've loved to see a format similar to the covid year where top 4 teams play the last 2 weeks of the season (semi final and then conf champ) while the other teams get matched up based on record.  I can see why ADs wouldn;t want that, particularly OSU/mich/usc where its just a way to lose a tough game and miss the playoffs but I think it would have been excellent for the fans

11 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

Was somewhat hoping the big10 was gonna be a trailblazer and do a top 4 mini playoff to decide conf champ.  Would've loved to see a format similar to the covid year where top 4 teams play the last 2 weeks of the season (semi final and then conf champ) while the other teams get matched up based on record.  I can see why ADs wouldn;t want that, particularly OSU/mich/usc where its just a way to lose a tough game and miss the playoffs but I think it would have been excellent for the fans

That's too many games, especially with an expanding playoff. The only way that will/would work is if the conference expands even further and then either gets rid of out-of-conference opponents entirely and/or the opening rounds of the playoff are actually built into the conf championship, but I don't know how that would work. 

As it is now to do that would be a potential 17 game season for someone in the natty.

Just now, Born N Bled Red said:

I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you! 

They want us to be good so we can make them money in these games.  Even if we aren't good, we get eyeballs.  These are the kinds of games I want to watch, and it is up to us to handle our business.   Never used to matter who was on the schedule, and we never used to complain that much about it. 

I get it, but I also don't care a bit. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1