2028:

Home - Northwestern, Penn State, UCLA, Wisconsin

Away - Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Purdue, USC

Thats So Hot GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

OoooWeee I love it !!!!

Shy Bashful GIF - Shy Bashful Flirt - Discover & Share GIFs

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Caven said:

Yeah - but it grew on him.  Remember when Nebraska got scheduled to play Wisconsin on the last weekend and Iowa was playing Minnesota (didn't happen because of the schedule change when MD/Rutgers were added) and Wisconsin said no to Black Friday.  Iowa volunteered to play Minnesota on Black Friday.

Great, if only there was an iowa site to discuss that.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

Michigan plays Ohio State, USC, Oregon, Washington and Texas next year.

Go 5-0 there wow!

They'll probably buy out the Texass contract and replace them with Sister Mary Immaculate of the Blind FCS school. In conference is more than sufficient to give Michigan the resume necessary for title discussion. 

Plus aren't they expanding the playoffs starting next year anyway?

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, soup said:

Looks like USC is going to have a tough schedule next year. Their ooc games are LSU, San Jose st and then Notre Dame. Then into BIG play. 

those are two really tough games to start

Well USC vs LSU at neutral site (Sunday Sep. 1 - Las Vegas Allegiant Stadium)

And last USC schedule, Nov. 30, Notre Dame at USC

Caleb William will play or skip NFL draft ??  Or else portal transfer .... USC ==> NU !! :D

5 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

They'll probably buy out the Texass contract and replace them with Sister Mary Immaculate of the Blind FCS school. In conference is more than sufficient to give Michigan the resume necessary for title discussion. 

Plus aren't they expanding the playoffs starting next year anyway?

I think they have 7 or 8 home games so they may keep it. Their away game against OU in 2025 may get canceled because of 6 homes. That would probably kill whole series for M vs OU.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Interesting for sure

OSU will be very good

UCLA is nothing special

USC is gonna fall apart a bit

Wisconsin is gonna be even worse

Iowa is gonna be even worse.

UCLA nothing special??  8-4, then 9-4 and now 6-2... tough crowd lol

I think UCLA is trending upward and if the DMARC of the Big Ten starts after Penn State, I think the Bruins are every bit as good the Nittany Lions.  Maybe a bit better, maybe slightly worse.  

Michigan 

Ohio State

Penn State

----------------------

As for USC.....  Lincoln Riley is still 10 years away from even thinking about defense.  He will still have the QBs and offensive fire power though, until he finally figures it out that there is more to a team than just offense.

Oregon is and will be among the top 3 in this conference along with Mich and OSU for years to come.

Washington might lose a step when Penix leaves, but they will be in that #4-7 range with Penn State, UCLA and USC (within the league each year).

Wisconsin and Iowa will sink down from the middle top as the league becomes more difficult to win each week.  They will actually have to play some real teams, and I don't think they will handle it well.

The really cool part is getting to play these teams, which makes for exciting Husker weeks than it is anticipating playing against Rutgers or Purdue or iLLinois or NW.

The other cool part is that the Big Ten won't have an undefeated powerhouse anymore since the Huskers joined (and before that).  Ohio State will lose some conference games.  Michigan will lose some conference games.  It will be fun and exciting in that aspect. 

4 minutes ago, admo said:

UCLA nothing special??  8-4, then 9-4 and now 6-2... tough crowd lol

I think UCLA is trending upward and if the DMARC of the Big Ten starts after Penn State, I think the Bruins are every bit as good the Nittany Lions.  Maybe a bit better, maybe slightly worse.  

Michigan 

Ohio State

Penn State

----------------------

As for USC.....  Lincoln Riley is still 10 years away from even thinking about defense.  He will still have the QBs and offensive fire power though, until he finally figures it out that there is more to a team than just offense.

Oregon is and will be among the top 3 in this conference along with Mich and OSU for years to come.

Washington might lose a step when Penix leaves, but they will be in that #4-7 range with Penn State, UCLA and USC (within the league each year).

Wisconsin and Iowa will sink down from the middle top as the league becomes more difficult to win each week.  They will actually have to play some real teams, and I don't think they will handle it well.

8 wins

9 wins

I mean, if that is special than axing Bo was an even bigger mistake.  

UCLA is okay, they are not a dominate team though.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

It is going to be very interesting to me to see how these free flowing Pac 12 teams do when they have to start playing BIG 10 defenses week in and week out.  Will they suffer the same way Nebraska did coming from the free flowing Big 12?

No matter what anyone says this league is definitely "different" in how they play football, and the ones that jump on that sooner rather than later will flourish.  

(I tried to compare how Rutgers and Maryland have done since they came in, but they have never adjusted, nor where they really all that great to begin with)

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, soup said:

It is going to be very interesting to me to see how these free flowing Pac 12 teams do when they have to start playing BIG 10 defenses week in and week out.  Will they suffer the same way Nebraska did coming from the free flowing Big 12?

No matter what anyone says this league is definitely "different" in how they play football, and the ones that jump on that sooner rather than later will flourish.  

(I tried to compare how Rutgers and Maryland have done since they came in, but they have never adjusted, nor where they really all that great to begin with)

I'm also interested to see how they fare, particularly Oregon and UCLA because of their styles. I have decent confidence Oregon is going to be a pretty powerful player in the league, but, I do think each conference tends to have a little bit of its own unique flare and character. The B1G has historically been viewed as a bit of an ugly, gritty conference. I thought Nebraska handled this transition decently well when they first entered the league, but over time I've grown to appreciate the toughness it takes to operate at a high level in the league. I don't know if Oregon can do things as they do them today and hope to be among the top 3-4 teams consistently, but it'll be fun to find out.

USC could be interesting. Their recruiting potential is among the best in the nation but again you wonder how they will fare in the dog days of October and November in the B1G, and what (if any) changes they might make in their approach (and geesh, talk about an awful schedule next year. LSU, at Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn St., Washington, Notre Dame... if they're anywhere close to double digit wins next season I'll be super impressed).

Also, the 12-team playoff couldn't have come at a better time. In super conferences loaded with this many teams, I imagine most B1G conference championship contenders will have 1-2 losses most seasons.