2023 Fall Camp Notes - Wide Receivers and Tight Ends

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Hearing that Coleman maybe hasn't practiced much (or at all) due to injury?

I think anyone counting on Coleman being a contributor as a true freshman is going to be mistaken. I thought he was very raw, and would need a year or two to develop. Having an injury or poor attitude won’t help things. 

• Plus1 2

32 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

There is no way he has a poor attitude not with what he has been through.  

Maybe he expected to come in and be high on the depth chart, and when that didn’t happen right away, some “poor attitude” happened. Nobody knows how guys are going to react when they face a challenge or adversity on the field. 

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

He has a poor attitude? I wouldn't expect that from the way he conducts himself off the field. Surprised.

The one report I saw I didn't necessarily take as "poor attitude."  But it did have a "wants to be here" type of flavor.  I took it as maybe it was more work than he was expecting - or everything has always come so easy for him - that it was a different level of dedication to be great at this level.

Not sure if any of that actually holds water.  But it seems like there might be at least a little truth to it.

• Plus1 4
On 8/5/2023 at 6:28 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

Maybe he expected to come in and be high on the depth chart, and when that didn’t happen right away, some “poor attitude” happened. Nobody knows how guys are going to react when they face a challenge or adversity on the field. 

There is a difference in being disappointed in yourself bc of failing at your expectations you have for yourself and having a poor attitude.  I could see him being disappointed he didn't make a play or dropping a ball when he should have caught it but when you think of poor attitude your thinking of him as being uncooperative.  I just think bc of his background and what he has been through, he has faced enough adversity to not be a team first player even if he holds himself to a higher standard then most.

• Plus1 1

Rhule said Washington fell awkwardly and will miss a few days, but should be ok long term. Betts wasn't practicing (undisclosed injury) and neither was Coleman (unspecified reason). Rhule talked up some guys like Kemp and Bullock and mentioned opportunities for freshmen (Lloyd and Doss specifically), but I was worried about WR production when the room was healthy. Could be a very slow moving offense this year.

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Rhule said Washington fell awkwardly and will miss a few days, but should be ok long term. Betts wasn't practicing (undisclosed injury) and neither was Coleman (unspecified reason). Rhule talked up some guys like Kemp and Bullock and mentioned opportunities for freshmen (Lloyd and Doss specifically), but I was worried about WR production when the room was healthy. Could be a very slow moving offense this year.

Potential downside of more tackling in practice.

• Plus1 1