Poll - How Many Wins - 2023 Season

2023 Win Total  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Quick preseason poll  2 weeks before the fist game.    How many wins will Nebraska have this year?  For the 'Glass is full and running over' crowd - I've gone up to 15 wins on the list - NC Baby.:restore

Personally, I am pleased with what I have seen from the coaches and how the players have responded.  I think the team will be radically different than the team that took the field against NW  last year.

Talk is just talk - time to turn it into action.   So there will be no :koolaid2:drinking by me.  

We have to see how they respond to adversity and if they have gotten the SF losing jitters out of their system.  Beating Iowa in the last game in 2022 was big and hopefully gives some of the older players

something to build off of.   

Now it would be nice if Nebraska could be the 'surprise team' of the year.  We don't have the ability to surprise like TCU did last year but I do think if we avoid key injuries, we can do better than some of

the pundits out there are predicting - who still think we are a 5 or 6 win team at the most. 

I'm putting down 7 wins.     

• Oh Yeah! 3

Pretty bold not having 0 as an option.  I like it. :koolaid2:

I think saying the team will be "radically" different just won't be the case.  Some things will be different, some things will be the same, some will be better, and some will be worse.  Overall I expect it will be a similar number of wins for year 1, 4-5 ish.  I went with 5.  

• Plus1 1
20 hours ago, runningblind said:

Pretty bold not having 0 as an option.  I like it. :koolaid2:

I think saying the team will be "radically" different just won't be the case.  Some things will be different, some things will be the same, some will be better, and some will be worse.  Overall I expect it will be a similar number of wins for year 1, 4-5 ish.  I went with 5.  

There is room for 15 options - so I went with the hyper optimistic 15 wins - NC in Rhule's first year.  Zero wins would be 'jump off the bridge' territory.

By radically different  - I mean in attitude and culture.   I fully expect some pull out hair stupidity to continue - it takes a while to unlearn bad habits.  

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2

OK - I normally come in here and think everyone is nuts for picking so high but I seem to be higher on the Huskers this year than a lot of you.  Admittedly there aren't a ton of responses yet but I have NE in the 7-8 win range this year.  I have you starting 4-0 and then winning 3 of the 5 between Michigan and Wisky before finishing 0-2. 

58 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Prefer if this poll only went to 8 or 9 since anyone picking more that than is certifiably insane.

Yeah, that's quite the stretch.  It's extremely unlikely that we win more than 9.  But which games would it be absolutely shocking if we won?  Michigan.  After that......

I voted for 6 wins and bowl eligibility, but I can see 5 or 7 wins as real possibilities. I think we beat:

Colorado

N Illinois

Louisiana Tech

Northwestern

Purdue or Maryland (we lose to the other in frustrating fashion) 

Iowa

I think we play Wisconsin close and we could possibly beat them to get to win 7 or we lose to both Purdue and Maryland or one of them and Iowa. No matter how it shakes out, I think/hope we will see an improved team that as the season goes on quits beating themselves with the poor discipline that plagued the Frost era teams

16 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

I have us winning 6 with the purple highlighted games a toss up so at worst 6 at best 8.

2023 Schedule Prediction.png

If you think winning at Minnesota is a sure thing, then Boulder shouldn't be a toss up, and losing at Michigan St and home to Maryland shouldn't be sure things.

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 2