Gilbert Arrested

9 hours ago, 307husker said:

There are "mistakes" and then there are completely dumb idiot moves (done intentionally and incompetently)  that should not only be punished but mocked as well.

Maybe "the help he needs" is to be mocked and derided for doing stupid things, which is the case for pretty much all of us that weren't 5* athletes who were worshiped and given preferential treatment for our entire lives...

We're helping.

Yeah this is a pretty Nebraskan take. Mental health is a very serious thing doesn't excuse what he did but is understandable in context of what he was reportedly going through. 

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, Husker816 said:

Yeah this is a pretty Nebraskan take. Mental health is a very serious thing doesn't excuse what he did but is understandable in context of what he was reportedly going through. 

How have so many been able to diagnose a “mental health issue”?  Every single issue seems to now go into the DSM.

There is such a thing as just having poor behavior and or judgment.  This is developed over time and is often the product of how someone was raised or the leadership in their life.

Poor behavior doesn’t by default mean mental health issue.

• TBH 1
13 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

How have so many been able to diagnose a “mental health issue”?  Every single issue seems to now go into the DSM.

There is such a thing as just having poor behavior and or judgment.  This is developed over time and is often the product of how someone was raised or the leadership in their life.

Poor behavior doesn’t by default mean mental health issue.

The waiver request, they/he requested the waiver because of mental health issues.

Unless you think he was lying, which I suppose he and the Husker staff and support team could be lying, but that is a rough place to start from, assuming that everyone is lying. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The waiver request, they/he requested the waiver because of mental health issues.

Unless you think he was lying, which I suppose he and the Husker staff and support team could be lying, but that is a rough place to start from, assuming that everyone is lying. 

That’s fair.  

in general it’s just overused.  My opinion of course.

28 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think it is because we don't "get it"

I know I don't understand so I treat it with kid gloves would rather be over concerned about it.

I don't see anything official about him having a mental illness or the content of the waiver.  I see message board postings.  I will say some of them appear to be pretty detailed from LSU message board posters.

However, I think your approach is probably that right one.

On 8/30/2023 at 10:00 AM, 307husker said:

It would be pretty difficult to be advancing towards a degree with a transfer every year.  Collegiate athletics isn't supposed to be the same thing as club sport programs.

What a silly take. Regular college students are allowed to do it. Why should the athletes be any different?

4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

What a silly take. Regular college students are allowed to do it. Why should the athletes be any different?

Not all credits transfer from school to school, and yes getting used to a college/city makes it progressively easier for a student to cope and adapt. Common sense, dude.

• Haha 3
6 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Poor behavior and judgment come from your brain, where your mental faculties are, and if they're 'poor' in quality, with synonyms such as deficient and defective, then... you see where this is going.