Triaging the QB room

Scarlet

10 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

So is Chubba Purdy basically unable to walk or throw?????  Is he still injured?!????

Chubba Purdy is still #3 on the depth chart. That means he’s getting zero reps with the #1 offense, and limited reps with the #2 offense. Anyone expecting Chubba to make a miraculous jump and be the savior at QB is living in a fantasy world. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Chubba Purdy is still #3 on the depth chart. That means he’s getting zero reps with the #1 offense, and limited reps with the #2 offense. Anyone expecting Chubba to make a miraculous jump and be the savior at QB is living in a fantasy world. 

Lulz

At this rate I'd try 3rd, 4th or 5th string QB it's that bad. 

Way better than Kool-Aid world I know that for sure...

5 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Lulz

At this rate I'd try 3rd, 4th or 5th string QB it's that bad. 

Way better than Kool-Aid world I know that for sure...

I'm not sure what Kool-Aid world has to do with anything.  Other than trying to mock someone who said nothing deserving of mocking.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Might I ask what this data is taken from and what they are trying to say?   

Is this source saying HH is a more valuable QB to a team than the others?  

It NCAA leaders in fumbles.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/player-stat/fumbles

On 11/6/2023 at 9:33 AM, Red Five said:

Haarberg climbing the NU single season fumbles chart (data only goes back to 2006).

2012 Taylor Martinez 16

2010 Taylor Martinez 16

2011 Taylor Martinez 14

2018 Adrian Martinez 12

2023 Heinrich Haarberg 11

2014 Tommy Armstrong 10

2019 Adrian Martinez 8

2020 Adrian Martinez 7

2007 Sam Keller 7

2006 Zac Taylor 7

He currently leads the NCAA in fumbles, despite only really playing in 7 of 9 games.  (KJ Jefferson of Arkansas is 2nd with 10, then 3 are tied with 9).

He's also 4th in fumbles lost at 4 (3 are tied with 5 lost).

3 minutes ago, Saunders said:

He's not good, so essentially yes.

I say throw him in there.  I mean that's basically what Rhule and Satterfield are doing now.  Give him a series.  Who knows.

I don't think he'd make much of a positive difference either honestly but at the same time it's not actually that absurd of a thought.

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Yes and I'm so glad he has as large of a sample size as our other two really good quarterbacks.

Derp...

Purdy has played enough to show that he's not a better option. He's a career 50% passer with over 100 attempts. He looked lost and was quick to run when he has seen action at NU, and he's not as strong of a runner as Haarberg. So what's the up shot there?

• Plus1 1
Just now, ZRod said:

Purdy has played enough to show that he's not a better option. He's a career 50% passes with over 100 attempts. He looked lost and was quick to run when he has seen action at NU, and he's not as strong of a runner as Haarberg. So what's the up shot there?

Small sample size.  Purdy has played 'some' but if you compare how Sims and HH have started off it's a wash.