Louisiana Tech Week Pressers

Mavric

8 minutes ago, BigRedRig said:

Well I sure listened to them all at one point.  The Stones are in my option in another category.  Not necessarily for a football game, but Gimme Shelter alone might be the most BA song of all time. Scorsese seems to think so too.  KISS has never been a bad I took seriously, but my wife would argue with me on that.  

KISS played music to get fans and make money.  Which is really what ll bands do but they just admitted it.  Such a contrast compared to the grunge bands of the 90's that acted like they were doing the fans a favor by showing up for a concert and standing there on stage doing almost nothing.  

Or like those loser bands that acted like they got into music for the "art" and to "send a message"...instead of fame, cash and banging girls.  

KISS wanted the fans to be happy, while also treating them like they were living ATM's.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

9 minutes ago, BigRedRig said:

As for rock, or music generally, for home game experience, I would love the see N use something that isn’t used in so many other stadiums and becomes uniquely identified for this team and the crowd.  

It has to be hard to find "that song"

I would not want to be in charge of trying to make 90k people get all geeked up.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

20 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It has to be hard to find "that song"

I would not want to be in charge of trying to make 90k people get all geeked up.

This is why I always just roll my eyes when I see this discussion and people complaining about this or that song being played in the stadium.

You have 90,000 people of all ages and walks of life....and you expect them to find that song that everyone just loves.  Relax and just enjoy it even if it's not the perfect song for you.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
21 hours ago, runningblind said:

I think I agree. AC/DC is ok, but not great, feels forced. Being "Thunderstruck" by Nebraska doesn't make much sense. Gotta be a song that fits better and gives the right feels.

Does it make sense for Wisconsin to Jump Around? Do you think anyone cares? I Won't Back Down makes sense for Florida - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers being from Gainesville - but that's probably about it.

21 hours ago, runningblind said:

I think I agree. AC/DC is ok, but not great, feels forced. Being "Thunderstruck" by Nebraska doesn't make much sense. Gotta be a song that fits better and gives the right feels.

6 minutes ago, Toe said:

Does it make sense for Wisconsin to Jump Around? Do you think anyone cares? I Won't Back Down makes sense for Florida - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers being from Gainesville - but that's probably about it.

"Let Me Clear My Throat" makes sense for Nebraska because we have been sucking for so long...

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, Toe said:

Make sense is probably the wrong phrase.  To me Thunderstruck just feels forced and lame.  I want a better song that gets the crowd all going, but it is probably just the overall product I associate currently with the song. :lol:  It might be great if we were beating anyone but crappy teams again.

Thunderstruck made a lot of sense when Thunder Collins was still suiting up.

I don't mind it for the light show, they just need to execute it better, the lights and fire are off time with "THUNDER" by about a second or so.

but in all seriousness, just win baby and you could play the Barney song for all I or anyone else would care

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

All music at the stadium should have to be released after current UNL students were born.

When I was there that was anything starting late 70s.  Now it would be starting around 2000.

No more 70s or 80s crap (Can You Feel It, Start Me Up, Thunderstruck).  And although I am partial to 90s music, no more Let Me Clear My Throat.

• Plus1 1