****Michigan Game Thread****

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

No you weren't.  You were talking about HH being hesitant, how he wasn't giving anyone hope for any future game and how he wasn't out-playing Sims.

Good attempt at revisionist history though.

Yes, I am not inspired by HH's play against teams at the Power 5 level. Even the basics were lacking in several instances which is why the cameras caught Rhule & Satt talking with him after several possessions. I'm not sure what you saw today from him that makes you believe in him, but I would argue that he is no better than Sims at this stage. I would have a very short trigger next week against Illinois because that game is winnable.

But I'll gladly listen to your input on why it is a good idea to let him continue to take snaps with forty seconds left in a blowout... 

57 minutes ago, Manny Bob said:

Idk man. In the new era of NIL, you gotta have a product that attracts the kids. It's all about the benjamins and I sincerely do not know if NU can market nostalgia anymore.

Why do you think Nebraska's current recruiting philosophy is hinged upon 25-year-old success?

Nebraska's NIL potential is definitely among the more favorable across the college football landscape. I have very little concern about them being able to come up with necessary funds if they really believe a recruit is worth their investment.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Never thought I would say it, but here it goes...

If the Big 12 wanted Nebraska back, Nebraska should accept that invitation immediately.

I'll say it...I'm tired of being in the Big Ten. We don't belong.

I could care less about the millions in money we're getting from the Big Ten. I don't give a rip about being in a future conference where we're associated with the "big brands."

At this point I would rather we play in the Big 12 with a few of our old Big 8 teams win or lose and just enjoy our fall weekends again and maybe find a way to win 6-7 games a season.

Been saying that for years.  Question why we really ever moved but we did and lost our mojo and program in doing so.  MOney isn't everything, but it might have cost this program everything in doing so.  We lost our recruiting footprint, we lost our way.  Said it then and will say it now, instead of dealing with Texas being a bully, we have to deal with Ohio St and MIchigan and now upcoming USC, Oregon and UCLA.  We traded one Texas for maybe 5 Texas's.  Trev see's this coming and see's his job in doubt, thus the stadium upgrades, 2 years out.  Upgrade the fans experience is easier than providing a winning football team that would do that.  Lets spend several million more for stadium upgrades.  Future of this program is in deep trouble more than ever.  .........Joking I think we knew that Rhule would struggle this season and have to find his players.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Nebhawk said:

Been saying that for years.  Question why we really ever moved but we did and lost our mojo and program in doing so.  MOney isn't everything, but it might have cost this program everything in doing so.  We lost our recruiting footprint, we lost our way.  Said it then and will say it now, instead of dealing with Texas being a bully, we have to deal with Ohio St and MIchigan and now upcoming USC, Oregon and UCLA.  We traded one Texas for maybe 5 Texas's.  Trev see's this coming and see's his job in doubt, thus the stadium upgrades, 2 years out.  Upgrade the fans experience is easier than providing a winning football team that would do that.  Lets spend several million more for stadium upgrades.  Future of this program is in deep trouble more than ever.  .........Joking I think we knew that Rhule would struggle this season and have to find his players.

The MAC might be interested...