****Michigan Game Thread****

4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

If anyone else starts suggesting Nebraska return to the Big 12, my finger might just accidentally go through the multi-click process of muting you.

I'm kidding.

(sort of)

But, seriously - posts like that are incredibly obtuse. Nebraska is in one of the most stable conferences in the country with one of the most lucrative TV deals. It is incredibladvantageous for the university and the football program, even if the program hasn't been able to turn those resources into wins yet. Objectively speaking, going back to the Big 12 makes almost no sense and is a bad business deal.

I think people just miss winning in the Big 8/12 than actually wanting to go back. I’d venture to guess our record against Big 10 opponents is in the 40-45% range, which is lousy. No sane poster actually thinks it’s in the university’s best interest. 

• TBH 3
5 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

For one, sub him out in a blowout. I was trying to understand what good could come from keeping him out there all game long where he consistently struggled.

Best case - he gets consecutive passes completed and shows some flow. Inspires teammates to believe that he is still their guy and heads into a short week with a little confidence back for a beatable opponent. 

Worst case - he gets hurt by a sack from a 3rd stringer on a title contender trying to make the travel roster again later in the year.

The upside just seemed low versus the risk. And if he's our guy for the rest of the year, the staff needs to protect him in those situations.

If he's not any good, what's lost if he gets hurt?

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

NIL and the transfer portal has made the term "transition year" a joke.

Rhule will not get it done at Nebraska.  College football is no longer about development.

You have always been one of the most optimistic on the board.  Truly. I definitely agree with and applaud your honesty.  NIL and the portal have made developing kids irrelevant.  They wont stay long enough to be "developed".  Prime (a lot of other personal factors assisted) showed how to use the system to reload/rebuild almost immediately.  No way every coach will have the prime factor, but guys can come "close".  One HC (I forgot who) recently said recruits are now demanding fees for official visits.  Adapt or become extinct like the dinosaurs.  

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

You have always been one of the most optimistic on the board.  Truly. I definitely agree with and applaud your honesty.  NIL and the portal have made developing kids irrelevant.  They wont stay long enough to be "developed".  Prime (a lot of other personal factors assisted) showed how to use the system to reload/rebuild almost immediately.  No way every coach will have the prime factor, but guys can come "close".  One HC (I forgot who) recently said recruits are now demanding fees for official visits.  Adapt or become extinct like the dinosaurs.  

He hasn't been one of the most positive posters. He is absolutely miserable when "his" coach isn't on the sidelines.

5 minutes ago, TheSker said:

NIL and the transfer portal has made the term "transition year" a joke.

Rhule will not get it done at Nebraska.  College football is no longer about development.

The college football I used to enjoy is no more. Every QB not at Georgia, OSU, or Bama transferred there. If a freshman goes off at Nebraska, why wouldn’t they accept an offer to jump to a Clemson/Alabama/Georgia? There is no such thing as rebuilds anymore. You’re either here and now, or you’re forgotten about. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Is that NIL bringing in any Travis Hunters?  Quin Ewers?  NO.  Its bringing in players like Jeff Simms.  Come on.  Money is just money.  Money and winning is the right combo.  We have to win some games first then maybe our suitcases of cash will do someone some good, but I keep hearing our plentiful our bags are, but not seeing it bring in difference makers.

Obviously money and winning are the right combo. I never suggested otherwise.

But, it's faulty logic to associate a lack of talent or bad recruiting decisions as an indictment against Nebraska's NIL potential, particularly in the first year of a head coach with a pretty rough inherited roster and no "Deion Sanders" brand behind his name. There's no way to prove Nebraska's talent challenges right now under Rhule as being the fault or even loosely associated with a lack of NIL potential. Let's revisit the conversation in a couple of seasons before making that claim.