Potential Assistant coach change(s)

On 1/11/2024 at 2:42 PM, BigRedBuster said:

The only way Holgorson is interested in the OC job is if it's for 1 year.  So, you really think that you give up on Satterfield and boot him to the curb....when good players want to come play for him....and we haven't seen anywhere close to what he really wants to run....just so you can have a one year guy and then be looking for the 3rd OC in 3 years a year from now?  

Hard pass on that for me.

So is there any new news out there is the rumor mill or real world about Holgorson?

Mike Wallace, director of football advancement, and Gordon Thomas, director of football operations, are not listed on the Huskers’ staff directory for football and their online biographies refer to their work in the past tense.

Wallace had previously worked for coach Matt Rhule at both Temple and Baylor. Thomas played for Rhule at Temple before taking operations roles USC, Georgia Tech and LSU. He oversaw day-to-day operations in NU football administration such as travel and logistics.

Link

18 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Why do you say that?

Bc I could see him sitting back and trying to improve and learning on his own time and not being locked in to one set program.  Plus I believe but I could be wrong is that he is still getting payed from Houston after getting fired.  If he did come here as a OC and did improve the offense there would be more programs that would be interested in the how instead of being a analyst where he wouldn't necessarily get the credit for the improvement.  Also most former head coaches go to Alabama as analyst to improve their stock not Nebraska where they are trying to learn how to win.

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Bc I could see him sitting back and trying to improve and learning on his own time and not being locked in to one set program.  Plus I believe but I could be wrong is that he is still getting payed from Houston after getting fired.  If he did come here as a OC and did improve the offense there would be more programs that would be interested in the how instead of being a analyst where he wouldn't necessarily get the credit for the improvement.  Also most former head coaches go to Alabama as analyst to improve their stock not Nebraska where they are trying to learn how to win.

If he comes here it isn't going to be as an OC. It would be as an analyst.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I know.  I was saying that it would be more beneficial to him to come here as a OC then a analyst.  Since he isn't going to be the new OC here there aren't many benefits to him to come here and be a analyst in my mind.

We have Temperature Tuesday! That is a nice benefit!

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1