2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

Nobody would try and go with Purdy as our qb?  I feel like our run game didn't help matters and the wrs didn't either, just can't be all on the qb's when it came to the offense not succeeding.  Yes Purdy made his fair share of mistakes but the team as a whole was sloppy.  Our offense is slow, and I don't get the idea that we are going to wear down the other team in the fourth quarter.  Not with our crappy playcalling.  Sims on the other hand should probably go down a division or switch positions bc the year he had it be hard pressed to keep him on just to ride the pine,  he is strictly a running qb. Haarberg needs to develop more as a passer.

1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Nobody would try and go with Purdy as our qb?  I feel like our run game didn't help matters and the wrs didn't either, just can't be all on the wr's when it came to him.  Yes he made is fair share of mistakes but the team as a whole was sloppy.  Our offense is slow, and I don't get the idea that we are going to wear down the other team in the fourth quarter.  Not with our crappy playcalling.  Sims on the other hand should probably go down a division or switch positions bc the year he had it be hard pressed to keep him on just to ride the pine,  he is strictly a running qb. Haarberg needs to develop more as a passer.

No Purdy should not be the starting QB next year. Need at least 2 QBs in the portal.

12 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Nobody would try and go with Purdy as our qb?  I feel like our run game didn't help matters and the wrs didn't either, just can't be all on the qb's when it came to the offense not succeeding.  Yes Purdy made his fair share of mistakes but the team as a whole was sloppy.  Our offense is slow, and I don't get the idea that we are going to wear down the other team in the fourth quarter.  Not with our crappy playcalling.  Sims on the other hand should probably go down a division or switch positions bc the year he had it be hard pressed to keep him on just to ride the pine,  he is strictly a running qb. Haarberg needs to develop more as a passer.

I’m perfectly fine if they bring in a good transfer QB, Purdy then works hard in the off season to win the job next fall. 

But, no way should it just be handed to him without trying to get someone better. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 5

7 minutes ago, runningblind said:

What QB is looking at this situation and wants to sign up? We keep talking about bringing in a good QB but I'm not convinced any top transfer wants to sign up over other schools offering similar things.

Could have said that the past two years as well.  But we still got guys to transfer in.

There are more QBs than there are starting spots.  There's already a couple guys who have started this year in the portal.  We just have to get one who gets better, not worse.

• TBH 2
11 minutes ago, runningblind said:

What QB is looking at this situation and wants to sign up? We keep talking about bringing in a good QB but I'm not convinced any top transfer wants to sign up over other schools offering similar things.

Well, I guess we just shouldn’t try because there’s never been a team that could be a lot better with a good QB transfer and went out and found one. 

• TBH 1