2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

11 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Not coming here but...

One of the few QB recruits I followed.  A "can't miss" prospect.  Just waiting behind Caleb Williams at USC.  This is huge.  

Maybe he go FSU, Michigan, Bama, Georgia, LSU or Ohio State.  He's pretty good.  

2 minutes ago, admo said:

One of the few QB recruits I followed.  A "can't miss" prospect.  Just waiting behind Caleb Williams at USC.  This is huge.  

Maybe he go FSU, Michigan, Bama, Georgia, LSU or Ohio State.  He's pretty good.  

Williams is going pro though so....something is up here.  It would be his job and yet he is leaving.  Seems far from can't miss if Riley is out recruiting Howard from KSU instead of getting ready to play this kid.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Finn headed to Baylor.  

Hearing Howard to USC.  Can't believe they are losing Nelson? 

I think Finn is definitely a undervalued qb. Yeah wherever big program he goes it's going to throw the qb room into a loop look for transfers from that room.  He must feel disrespected by USC trying to go out and getting a transfer qb and probably doesn't want to sit either.

• Fire 1
35 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Williams is going pro though so....something is up here.  It would be his job and yet he is leaving.  Seems far from can't miss if Riley is out recruiting Howard from KSU instead of getting ready to play this kid.

Yeah, could be truth about Howard to USC, and Malachi Nelson doesn't want to sit out again.  He's too talented so I don't blame him going into Portal.  Especially when your coach (Lincoln Riley) said he is the next Pat Mahomes (over and over). I'd rather have 2-3 years with Nelson than one year with a transfer kid for one season.   

Remember though, Riley went with Spencer Rattler at OU over Caleb Williams.  Until Williams got on the field and proved he was better than what Riley thought between the two players.  

1 hour ago, admo said:

I'd rather have 2-3 years with Nelson than one year with a transfer kid for one season.   

For Nebraska, certainly. But for a coach who stacks 5 stars on top of 5 stars, maybe a rent a player isn't a bad idea. That said, I have no idea why Lincoln Riley thinks Howard is that guy.

11 hours ago, runningblind said:

10 hours ago, admo said:

Yeah, could be truth about Howard to USC, and Malachi Nelson doesn't want to sit out again.  He's too talented so I don't blame him going into Portal.  Especially when your coach (Lincoln Riley) said he is the next Pat Mahomes (over and over). I'd rather have 2-3 years with Nelson than one year with a transfer kid for one season.   

Remember though, Riley went with Spencer Rattler at OU over Caleb Williams.  Until Williams got on the field and proved he was better than what Riley thought between the two players.  

Had read that Nelson had shoulder surgery and fell to 3rd on the depth chart. They had said Miller Moss looked better throughout camp, and Nelson never really got out of the practice squad. Also, sounds like Will Howard is on his way in, as mentioned.

• Thanks 1