2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

1 minute ago, admo said:

He did way more than "He could be a 3rd down back"

Just saying.  

And if your thinking about EJ turns out to be accurate, then that is ok.  

I'd rather run a bruiser on 2nd and 3 then on 1st and 10.  But that's just me.

Im good with either, as they are 2 different kind of backs. I agree that Johnson did some good things this year. 

55 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Malachi Nelson to Boise St. :dunno  With top rated prospects falling this far, where do Purdy and Sims land? 

Top rated prospects want to play.  The old age of football is gone.  Having multiple top rated prospects on your roster at the same position, yes helps you in case the starter gets hurt but rarely are you going to find prospects that want to sit and wait their turn or moment to get on the field.  Nelson going to Boise State while shocking bc a player of his caliber you think end up right back at a top program after he transferred probably saw the talent and or rosters of the top programs and realized their wasn't a clear path to getting on the field.  Nebraska was blessed to be in the position of getting Raiola not only bc of family history here but also a clear path to start right away.  Purdy I assume will go to a Cali school that's where he is from (Cal or San Jose State) and with Sims and how he didn't play well at Nebraska will probably go to a lower tier school where he is going to have to compete for a spot or maybe you and me will never hear his name again but who knows :dunno best of luck to them both.

Edited by Huskerfollower4life
2 hours ago, chamrocck said:

Malachi Nelson to Boise St. :dunno  With top rated prospects falling this far, where do Purdy and Sims land? 

Man I need to go to bed. Had a mini panic attack here thinking you meant Malachi Coleman and Carter Nelson were both transferring to Boise St.

Time to sign off. Happy to be a Husker. GBR. ✌️ 

• Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Decided to poke around some Oregon boards to see what their take on Dowdell was. Everybody seemed to agree that he's solid, but their RB room is just really stacked at the moment.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 4

14 hours ago, Toe said:

Decided to poke around some Oregon boards to see what their take on Dowdell was. Everybody seemed to agree that he's solid, but their RB room is just really stacked at the moment.

I feel like he's Gabe's replacement.  same type of guy maybe just a little bit better vision, maybe a step or two faster.  Will be interesting to see how Gabe's rehab goes.  Obviously if he doesn't come back 100% Dowdell will slide into Gabe's roll.  

On 1/6/2024 at 8:57 PM, admo said:

Nice.  Should add depth & competition to the group.  Still has to beat out Emmett & the other returning RBs. 

Meaning, forget the high school stars when players were rated among HS players.  Dowdell has some work ahead of him to do, and competition.

Dowdell 17-90-1 - 5 games

Emmett 90-411-2 - 5 games

Plus, 

Rahmir Johnson - 172-739-6 and 27-258-2 receiving (career)

Gabe 95-414-3 (career)

and Kwinten Ives (RS Fresh)

I would look to put Rahmir in the slot and let him torch secondaries. He isn't big enough to handle the weekly pounding. In space, I bet he gets it done. Just my two cents, that aint worth the napkin written on. 

GBR!