2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

53 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

His Hs QB is there, his dad played there and he previously committed there.   I think you are right, but would welcome you being wrong and NU land him. 

Correct. Avery Johnson. From Wichita. 

and also correct. He would instantly be better than anyone on the roster. 

3 hours ago, Decked said:

Yes. They don’t have the money to give many walk-ons the NIL treatment. Most of them aren’t good value. 

Not sure I agree with that assumption. I think we have plenty of money to cover tuition for a bunch of guys.

• TBH 1
15 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Not sure I agree with that assumption. I think we have plenty of money to cover tuition for a bunch of guys.

Depending on how you want to disperse it amongst your scholarship guys. Right now we don’t have a ton of extremely valuable guys. The elite level players where you are spending big bucks on. Other than DR & maybe Banks. Keep in mind the roster is 100+. 85 scholarships. We have supposedly a pot of 10 million. The more elite players you have the more you’ll pay. 

and please keep in mind it’s housing, food, clothes, books/tuition. And cars for guys too. It gets expensive fast. 

4 hours ago, Decked said:

Confirmed he is walking-on. Starting out more than likely at LB but could play RB. 

An athletic freak no doubt. He would probably been at Nebraska his entire career if the frost out Rhule in could have happened a year earlier.

Athletically reminds me of Phalen Sanford, off the chart combine style stats. Size wise could play inside or out as an LB on the smallish side.

Really seems like a Rhule kind of guy, fast and athletic and can be taught how to play “college football”. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
7 hours ago, AlaSker said:

An athletic freak no doubt. He would probably been at Nebraska his entire career if the frost out Rhule in could have happened a year earlier.

Athletically reminds me of Phalen Sanford, off the chart combine style stats. Size wise could play inside or out as an LB on the smallish side.

Really seems like a Rhule kind of guy, fast and athletic and can be taught how to play “college football”. 

I think honestly given his lack of production Frost probably made the right call. And we got him now as a walk-on. Believe he has one tackle so far.

• TBH 3
11 hours ago, Decked said:

Depending on how you want to disperse it amongst your scholarship guys. Right now we don’t have a ton of extremely valuable guys. The elite level players where you are spending big bucks on. Other than DR & maybe Banks. Keep in mind the roster is 100+. 85 scholarships. We have supposedly a pot of 10 million. The more elite players you have the more you’ll pay. 

and please keep in mind it’s housing, food, clothes, books/tuition. And cars for guys too. It gets expensive fast. 

My guess is that his NIL "scholly" would just be for one year, maybe even just a semester.  Then he would have a chance to get another "deal", so in the end it could be as low as like 8-10K to have him as a "walk-on"

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Decked said:

Really no risk here either way. 

Bingo. Solid addition who, at worst, provides depth at a position where we have had multiple season-ending injuries each season for the past several years. This staff is also creative with how they rotate players and bring in specific players on specialized plays, doesn't hurt to have another chess piece available.

• TBH 1