****Michigan State Game Day Thread****

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

This is what kills me every time I read a "fire ________ coach" post.

An army of Nick Saban clones couldn't coach this talent to more wins. This cupboard is bare.

I'm not sure if this is a question that belongs in another thread. But I'm curious, what are some of the ideas and discussions around how we improve our recruiting power/pull? I know that having a 50% or less win-rate for years on end obviously doesn't help, but what are some of the other factors and possible solutions?

The coaches can’t catch balls on the field and they can’t throw a block or make decisions on when to get rid of the ball and not throw into triple coverage. That is on the players. While I do not think that satterfield is a long term solution and I definitely think that Raiola needs to go yesterday, i believe in what Rhule is doing and his process. I have seen some positive steps. Our players are not talented. You either have it or you don’t. Our players don’t. The few good talent we had is injured. Today’s game was lost by our players, not refs or coaches. They came in thinking they will beat a 2-6 team and they were punched in the gut and sent home with their tails between their legs. 

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

I can’t believe there are fans like you. Probably never played a competitive sport as you clearly don’t know how time management and being down 10 in the 4th works. 

I played enough to know that there is little imagination considering the challenges at Oline and Qb. Roll him HH out, run a screen, pump fake on a go route. This SHOULD have been done earlier in the game. It seems like a lot of his plays are slow developing. Thanks for taking a shot, but you bring nothing. 

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

If we're going to ignore the fact that the WR pushed off, sure?

And then we could go with defensive holding(the contact when the ball is not in the air) followed by the DPI(contact when the ball was in the air)  

Fans once again would be up in arms if that call isn't upheld if roles were reversed and it was NU on offense.  There was no clear view of the guys right hand to see if it was controlling the ball so it being upheld was no shock.  

Fans need to fully see how bad crews are in this conference and be more pissed at this team(that IS NOT very good) let bad refs have a small part in deciding an outcome against a worse team.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

32 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

And then we could go with defensive holding(the contact when the ball is not in the air) followed by the DPI(contact when the ball was in the air)  

Fans once again would be up in arms if that call isn't upheld if roles were reversed and it was NU on offense.  There was no clear view of the guys right hand to see if it was controlling the ball so it being upheld was no shock.  

Fans need to fully see how bad crews are in this conference and be more pissed at this team(that IS NOT very good) let bad refs have a small part in deciding an outcome against a worse team.

If the roles were reversed I wouldn't have a problem with it being overturned. Way too much hand movement, and it looked like his fingers actually opened up off the ball before he rolled over.

We can keep tropping out the tired line that the team needs to play better, but fans across the B1G b!^@h about the poor officiating every week. This is a billion dollar industry, where the officials make very good money for a part time gig. The players and fans deserve better 

• Thanks 1