Yowza

irafreak

11 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

People spewing "the coaches suck" at this point and time with the OBVIOUS lack of skill we have offensively, fall into 1 of these 2 camps.

1) Their understanding of football is based off off movies such as "The Program" or "Varsity Blues".

Or

2) They are Trolls

I agree with most of what you said . That being said, yesterday was completely inexcusable man. You simply cannot call a pass play that is across the field within the 10 with a 3rd string qb who hasn’t played all year. You’re right, many of these posts r ridiculous,  but that play call was beyond ridiculous to the point where you can’t defend it.

You can make a case that every single positional group has improved this year (excluding RB and WR due to injuries). The one group that has been an abject failure is the qb room.  Sure, the qbs have made mistakes but at the end of the day, it’s a reflection of the coach at hand. Said coach not only has failed to develop and improve any of the qbs this year, he’s also consistently put this team in a position that simply doesn’t set us up to win games. He deserves another year but hot damn, I am not happy at all with what I’ve seen on the field vs what was sold to us in the off-season; it reaks of them

telling us what we want to hear and then when it comes to the actual games it’s the complete opposite 

9 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Disagree, Maryland has a good offense &  we needed a TD.  On the 2 prior downs, we lost yardage on running plays. 

Technically we didn't lose yardage on first down, and it ended up being a pass.

I would definitely liked to see us use some power running.  Three (or four) plays from the six, straight ahead.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
Just now, zyawlive said:

I can't remember where I saw it, I'll try to find the link, but I saw somewhere that Purdy went rogue on that play, that it was supposed to be a run.

Yes, it was supposed to be a give.  Seems like he thought it was some sort of read and kept it.  Then just threw it away instead of losing yardage.

Just now, zyawlive said:

I can't remember where I saw it, I'll try to find the link, but I saw somewhere that Purdy went rogue on that play, that it was supposed to be a run.

Yeah, Rhule has mentioned it a few times - it was not going to be a successful run though, Johnson got lit up. I know one or more of the columnists were trying to point to that as a lapse in judgement that should have made Satt realize Purdy was making bad decisions, but honestly he saved us a few yards there. I don't like the pass call and didn't at the time, but I don't think that play had or should have had much bearing on the 3rd down call.

• Plus1 2