Fire Satterfield

Decked

19 minutes ago, lo country said:

Are those 3 guys game changers?  Have they been game changers?  TBH, I'd say that Liberty's skill guys and QB are better than ours.  And that's an issue.  Better talent or development?  

Here's an analogy. For the past six seasons, we can't even walk. We're crawling.

You seem to not be talking about walking or maybe even running slowly. You seem to be talking about competing in a 100 yard dash.

36 minutes ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

I agree with your assessment on culture.

However I didn’t have a problem with OT play calling. Heck if the D had held 1 more play we could’ve won with a FG.

The first play of OT was a horrible call. Option wasn't working all night.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
15 minutes ago, ZRod said:

The first play of OT was a horrible call. Option wasn't working all night.

If Bonner just lays an arm on the guy it’s a 10 yard gain at a minimum. Instead, he’s f’n sprinting up field as a lead blocker and doesn’t even see the guy who ran right by him to get Purdy 

overall I agree tho. We just need to f’n scrap the read option, wr screen and option from the playbook. We don’t have the guys to run it. we really don’t have the guys to run anything but a slow developing play requiring quick decision making behind the LoS certainly isn’t ideal for us

• Plus1 2

14 minutes ago, Undone said:

Here's an analogy. For the past six seasons, we can't even walk. We're crawling.

You seem to not be talking about walking or maybe even running slowly. You seem to be talking about competing in a 100 yard dash.

We have been wandering in the desert for longer than I care to remember. We are the only FBS team to have not gone bowling the past 6 years.  We have been stumbling and bumbling since firing Bo.  How do we get better?  One way is with a competent staff. With all of the money available, do you really think we hired the best guys possible?  McGuire as WR for example. First coaching job is at a rebuild program in the B1G.  

I am a firm believer in the crawl, walk, run methodology.  But as you said we are crawling. Why?  With the resources, NIL, history etc we shouldn’t be struggling this long or be this bad.   Continuing to lose is only going to make it harder and harder to get the right guys here.  There’s no reason Liberty should have better skill positions than us.  But they have some solid guys. Same with other G5 schools. I’m just sick and tired of out MO being “ keep it close and NU will beat themselves”.  Execution is horrible. There’s been little to no improvement on the O side.  If a guy is on scholarship they should at least be able to jog using your analogy. And some are not. And it shows.   

I bag on Satt, but what is his system?  His scheme?  I have no idea as we do none of “it” well.  At least Chadwell has a scheme he is known for.  That he runs well. And has won with. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, lo country said:

We have been wandering in the desert for longer than I care to remember. We are the only FBS team to have not gone bowling the past 6 years.  We have been stumbling and bumbling since firing Bo.  How do we get better?  One way is with a competent staff. With all of the money available, do you really think we hired the best guys possible?  McGuire as WR for example. First coaching job is at a rebuild program in the B1G.  

I am a firm believer in the crawl, walk, run methodology.  But as you said we are crawling. Why?  With the resources, NIL, history etc we shouldn’t be struggling this long or be this bad.   Continuing to lose is only going to make it harder and harder to get the right guys here.  There’s no reason Liberty should have better skill positions than us.  But they have some solid guys. Same with other G5 schools. I’m just sick and tired of out MO being “ keep it close and NU will beat themselves”.  Execution is horrible. There’s been little to no improvement on the O side.  If a guy is on scholarship they should at least be able to jog using your analogy. And some are not. And it shows.   

I bag on Satt, but what is his system?  His scheme?  I have no idea as we do none of “it” well.  At least Chadwell has a scheme he is known for.  That he runs well. And has won with. 

We will start to see things work when we have a functional line. We’ve been wondering in the desert for so long because our o line play went from a treasured asset to an after thought. 

my guess is raiola is canned after this season. No way satt is let go, him and Rhule r too close. The only bad thing about raiola leaving is we prolly lose that ol recruit from Hawaii. 

• Fire 1

My only beef were the double reverses, reverse pass plays when wisky was showing good at home discipline on the edges. Blew us up each time we tried something like that. Also they adjusted to the outside quick hitter and we kept trying that over and over without being successful once. Maybe if I saw a play that was set up from that play i would understand more.but those plays were painful to watch.

5 hours ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

Purdy needed to get vertical there. Allowed the defender to stretch the play out. Gets vertical and he probably gets 3-4 yards. That’s fine when you’re in 4 down territory. The bigger issue was the false start.

The option plays we called Didn't do jack all night. A smart play caller knows that and doesn't bring it back for the first play of OT.

5 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

If Bonner just lays an arm on the guy it’s a 10 yard gain at a minimum. Instead, he’s f’n sprinting up field as a lead blocker and doesn’t even see the guy who ran right by him to get Purdy 

Pretty sure that was the pitch man. He should be unblocked on that play.

• Plus1 1

We just cant keep getting on this fire train everytime this gets bad.  And this is bad, this isnt a good west division and i dont feel we have handled any of the teams we have played this year.  Id love to give everyone in that room the next 4 years to not make any changes, input there system and show us what they can do.  I dont like this stuff in fact i hate it.  But to win games we need consistancy, to get better players we need to win games, and all of that starts with the first game.  Start by winning the first game, get confidence

• Fire 1
  • TBH 2
2 hours ago, ZRod said:

Pretty sure that was the pitch man. He should be unblocked on that play.

Bonner would have been the lead blocker. Had he blocked the guy who stretched it out Purdy would have had a lane either inside or outside. Bonner was looking to make a block downfield which is fine but Purdy didn't do anything to put the defender in conflict. He allowed the defender to play both the qb and rb.

• Plus1 2
10 hours ago, knapplc said:

His defenses have given up enough points to lose six games.

I think that is an issue. We have exceedingly high expectations for the defense and I imagine most people on this board would be upset if White leaves, even though he "has given up enough points to lose six games."

We are the #18 scoring defense in the country, and that takes into consideration  all the times the defense was put into a bad position. That's a stark change from the defenses from the previous years and it's largely with the same players from those teams.

Contrast we are the #118 scoring offense. Averaging 18.9 points a game. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for 21 points in regulation from a guy who gets paid ~$1.4M.

• Fire 1