Iowa Game What did we learn?

TGHusker

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, our offense didn't play against any good defenses this year.

So, you actually believe that our offense did ok this year. We barely scored 17 points on Michigan state who was lit up by Ohio state, Michigan, Maryland, and Penn state. In fact, every team scored more than 20 points on Michigan state other than us, CMU and Richmond. It never ceases to amaze me how you spin mediocre into positive. You must have koolaid on tap. 

Our defense was solid most of the time and always gave us a chance to win. As for our offense, I cannot see how you can defend their performance. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, huskerfan74 said:

So, you actually believe that our offense did ok this year. We barely scored 17 points on Michigan state who was lit up by Ohio state, Michigan, Maryland, and Penn state. In fact, every team scored more than 20 points on Michigan state other than us, CMU and Richmond. It never ceases to amaze me how you spin mediocre into positive. You must have koolaid on tap. 

Our defense was solid most of the time and always gave us a chance to win. As for our offense, I cannot see how you can defend their performance. 

Can't speak for Mav, but given the situation, yes the offense did ok.  They were at 3rd string for all of the skill positions halfway through the season, and half the line was 2nd string.  Not to mention that the offense was meant to play complimentary football to the defense. IE like Iowa

The biggest and largest complaint almost everyone has, has been the turnovers.  And that is an issue that only talent will fix at this point.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/28/2023 at 9:33 AM, Stumpy1 said:

And now we are losing to teams that Pelini beat regularly.  Would still take ugly losses and 9 win seasons over this s#!t show. 

giphy.webp

There are literally 1000's of posts from Husker fans being done with Pelini, the big game blowouts, 4 losses, feeling apathy, calling it a s#!tshow and wanting to move on.  Maybe some enjoyed beating Idaho State and crappy Baylor, but people mostly got tired of the ugly losses when it was supposed to be a competitive game, or a possible win.  If only winning matters, maybe the Huskers can move to the Mountain West or become Independent.  I just think you have forgotten how it felt to be throttled on TV and that a change was needed after 7 years of the same thing happening.  

Lost to Wisconsin 59-24
Lost to UCLA 41-21
Lost to Minnesota 34-24
Lost to Mich State 41-28
Lost to Iowa 38-17
Lost to Ohio State 63-28
Lost to Wisconsin 70-31
Lost to Georgia 45-31
Lost to Wisconsin 48-17
Lost to Michigan 45-17
Lost to South Carolina 30-13

• TBH 1
14 minutes ago, admo said:

giphy.webp

There are literally 1000's of posts from Husker fans being done with Pelini, the big game blowouts, 4 losses, feeling apathy, calling it a s#!tshow and wanting to move on.  Maybe some enjoyed beating Idaho State and crappy Baylor, but people mostly got tired of the ugly losses when it was supposed to be a competitive game, or a possible win.  If only winning matters, maybe the Huskers can move to the Mountain West or become Independent.  I just think you have forgotten how it felt to be throttled on TV and that a change was needed after 7 years of the same thing happening.  

Lost to Wisconsin 59-24
Lost to UCLA 41-21
Lost to Minnesota 34-24
Lost to Mich State 41-28
Lost to Iowa 38-17
Lost to Ohio State 63-28
Lost to Wisconsin 70-31
Lost to Georgia 45-31
Lost to Wisconsin 48-17
Lost to Michigan 45-17
Lost to South Carolina 30-13

I just wanna say thank you to Samaje Perine one more time for breaking melvin gordon's record set against us a mere week after being embarrassed by wiscy on national tv.  

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 4

On 11/28/2023 at 2:03 PM, funhusker said:

It was just a joke...

I'm still a "Boliever"!

Boliever and Boleaver.  That was some divisive times on the board for sure.  I think folks were over Riley pretty quick, Frost took some a little longer and everyone seems to be behind Rhule.  Better times are ahead!!!! 

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

I just wanna say thank you to Samaje Perine one more time for breaking melvin gordon's record set against us a mere week after being embarrassed by wiscy on national tv.  

So much this.  

Crazy thing is we beat that Wisky team down the first meeting.  Can't remember if the championship game we had Cam Stache playing as  a DT because of injury.  Seem to remember comments after that game that dudes were playing for themselves.  Going off script etc...Just a sh!t show game...  

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, lo country said:

Boliever and Boleaver.  That was some divisive times on the board for sure.  I think folks were over Riley pretty quick, Frost took some a little longer and everyone seems to be behind Rhule.  Better times are ahead!!!! 

It was so long ago, it doesn't make any sense to go back 12-15 years for a few fond memories and some heavy turbulence with Bo talk on the board. 

I mean, there is literally 7 years of discussions on it, if anyone is inclined to re-live it again, have at it.  

1 minute ago, admo said:

It was so long ago, it doesn't make any sense to go back 12-15 years for a few fond memories and some heavy turbulence with Bo talk on the board. 

I mean, there is literally 7 years of discussions on it, if anyone is inclined to re-live it again, have at it.  

It's off season now.  Was commenting on the Boliever comment.  Those who were posting here, Max or Huskerpedia are well versed on that.  Intent wasn't to drag up old stories....We've both posted long enough that it'd be easy enough to do.  Was a positive statement about Rhule.  Took a while, but seems like we have the right guy now and  that everyone is behind.   

9 minutes ago, lo country said:

It's off season now.  Was commenting on the Boliever comment.  Those who were posting here, Max or Huskerpedia are well versed on that.  Intent wasn't to drag up old stories....We've both posted long enough that it'd be easy enough to do.  Was a positive statement about Rhule.  Took a while, but seems like we have the right guy now and  that everyone is behind.   

Oh I know @lo country and took your comment as a positive and agree. :cheers   Yes we were both here and went through those times.  All in the past. 

My point was toward the crowd that still brings him up in 2023 / 2024. It makes no sense to do that. 

With this team, you see the W's aren't there yet, but the foundation has been set, and we are just a few position players away.  But also, you see other teams around the country getting better too. 

• Plus1 1