2024 Spring Game - April 27

Mavric

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Tell you what, O street and downtown lincoln is getting really crappy.

Soooo many homeless people sleeping all over the place.  

I am guessing that the Railyard has really started to impact O street. 

If I was going to practice homelessness I'd go do it at Corpus Christi, or Big Pine Key.

This nonsense of being homeless in brutal winter type regions really makes me question the cognitive horsepower of these guys.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 3

James Williams probably would have had at least 3 sacks if QB were live.  2 and a holding call for sure.  He uses his hands really well and he gets low and dips his shoulder very nicely.  One play he dipped and ripped and #71 basically had him in a headlock and he was still able to get to the QB.  Would have been a holding call (especially if he didn't play for Nebraska).  He needs to be on the field for every 3rd down and 5+ to go.  

• Plus1 1
56 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

James Williams probably would have had at least 3 sacks if QB were live.  2 and a holding call for sure.  He uses his hands really well and he gets low and dips his shoulder very nicely.  One play he dipped and ripped and #71 basically had him in a headlock and he was still able to get to the QB.  Would have been a holding call (especially if he didn't play for Nebraska).  He needs to be on the field for every 3rd down and 5+ to go.  

What’s his story?  Will they be able to get some weight on him?  Seems to be an animal.

3 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

What’s his story?  Will they be able to get some weight on him?  Seems to be an animal.

He looks like he put on some weight.  I can't imagine he was that big a liability last year in the run game but he seems to have a knack for getting in the backfield.  

I am unable to watch Spring Games in terms of defense. Not sure why. If I see a RB get stuffed I never consider it a good defensive play, just a failed running play. 

I've watched a lot of Spring Games where we like the "promise shown" by a QB, but honestly Raiola looks like he's already there. Just pocket presence alone. Haven't followed all the moving pieces in the off-season, but my understanding is that we are suddenly loaded at receiver. 

Rhule was really comfortable and honest in the broadcast booth the first half, and he answered the run/pass split question by saying the Huskers will run the ball plenty this fall, but the missing piece is a better passing game, and that's why it's the priority this Spring.  

• Oh Yeah! 1

For James Williams, I agree he looked great. But he was mostly rushing against Jacob Hood and Gunnar Gottula, who I think are a ways behind Prochazka/Benhart and even Knaak.

Bizarre with Doss, I was wondering who 12 was - he was even playing some corner it looked like. There are already a lot of bodies in the DB room, but seems like maybe he had been passed by Barney and Bell in the slot. 

I'm excited about the receivers - didn't see much from Banks, but Neyor, Bonner, Lloyd, and Barney looked good. Add in Coleman and Bell if he's healthy by the fall (plus IGC and Bullock as competent depth) and I like that room a lot. 

18 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

For James Williams, I agree he looked great. But he was mostly rushing against Jacob Hood and Gunnar Gottula, who I think are a ways behind Prochazka/Benhart and even Knaak.

Bizarre with Doss, I was wondering who 12 was - he was even playing some corner it looked like. There are already a lot of bodies in the DB room, but seems like maybe he had been passed by Barney and Bell in the slot. 

I'm excited about the receivers - didn't see much from Banks, but Neyor, Bonner, Lloyd, and Barney looked good. Add in Coleman and Bell if he's healthy by the fall (plus IGC and Bullock as competent depth) and I like that room a lot. 

And word on the Wr that went down on the Sideline?

And If i never See IGC on the field i am fine with it. Bullock would be nice but i don't think he is going to have the juice to get a lot of time unless the others are making mistakes.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, BaytownHusker said:

And word on the Wr that went down on the Sideline?

And If i never See IGC on the field i am fine with it. Bullock would be nice but i don't think he is going to have the juice to get a lot of time unless the others are making mistakes.

Bell had a significant knee injury as per Rhule in the post game conference. Don't think there's been anything more than him having a significant one and Blye Hill having a semi significant knee injury also.

Williams will be needed against Colorado. As many times as they are going to drop back and pass having him off the edge will be big. Against the run heavy teams he will be a situational pass rusher for the most part. 

• Plus1 1