Rhule Post Season Presser

Red Five

1 hour ago, Undone said:

I can't say there's any direct correlation with this stat and NIL funding, but I saw data prior to this season starting that we are top 5 in football net revenue. That's net revenue. We ranked ahead of Alabama.

Again - maybe doesn't correlate to NIL funding. But just throwing that out there.

But is our luggage "Louis"? 

Money is not our problem, development has been and hopefully Rhule & staff will be able to correct that in the months and year ahead.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3

8 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Money is not our problem, development has been...

Agreed there.

But nevertheless it's kind of in conflict with Rhule's statement of basically saying "Well, shucks...a good QB costs a lot of money these days!" Because if money isn't the problem, you buy the best players you can get and you develop them. It's an arms race.

Don't f*** up with another Jeff Sims, coach. And if Purdy is the guy, make him significantly better than he is right now by week 1 next season.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

I’m not expressing this to be an a$$, but I disagree with this Net revenue commentary. It’s a catch-22 because this isn’t a “business,” but it really is a business. Look at the list of athletic departments spending across the nation and then who the top teams year in year out are.

I’ll eat crow on this one, but how does our volleyball program rank (in spending) across the nation against other programs? Honest question.

edit: in parentheses  

4 hours ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

But is our luggage "Louis"? 

Money is not our problem, development has been and hopefully Rhule & staff will be able to correct that in the months and year ahead.

Nebraska NIL funders want longterm growth, not peaks and valleys...find good investments and $ will come, imo

Focus NIL $ on negative plays...you fumble/throw a pick..that is a cut in $. Missed tackle, cut in $..drop a pass, miss a block, etc..focus it on plays that prevent you from winning...not sure how you do that, but it would be nice.

• Haha 3
  • Fire 1
29 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

Nebraska NIL funders want longterm growth, not peaks and valleys...find good investments and $ will come, imo

Focus NIL $ on negative plays...you fumble/throw a pick..that is a cut in $. Missed tackle, cut in $..drop a pass, miss a block, etc..focus it on plays that prevent you from winning...not sure how you do that, but it would be nice.

NIL is for advertising. For the most part, it's out of UNLs hand. 

7 hours ago, Waldo said:

I agree. Nebraska currently doesn’t have the deep pockets other universities have and our recent success doesn’t help. There will be 6-8 realistic programs that can continually compete for a national title while the remaining 60 P5 programs rotate for a playoff birth or individual seasonal success. It’s basically the Major League Baseball model where the major cities (LA, New York, Boston, Houston, SF) have continued success and the other 20 something teams have 1 or 2 year runs as they can’t afford to sign key free agents. 

How is this any worse than today when its more like 3 programs competing for a national title while the remaining 77 P5 teams are geared towards conf title/individual seasonal success?  CFB has always been about a handful of teams, if that, competing for the title each year-- NIL doesnt change this.  hopefully the 12 team playoff does shake things up, a bit

• Plus1 1

Is 2 mil not doable nil money for a decent qb for this program? Honest question. It just seems comical and ridiculous that we can scrape up half a BILLION for new facilities, but Rhule seems to get squirmy about 2 mil for the most important position for a team in the modern era. I know that he or NU have little say but damn aren’t we supposed to have some of the most NIL potential in the country? 

Then he doubles down with we are gonna be old school, stick with our guys and develop them?? Okay….He sure as s#!t better get someone else to work with the QBs then if that’s his plan…I don’t want to hear the Satterfield had nothing to work with deflection, all three QBs had the same problems, that’s on the qb coach.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Scofrosghost said:

Is 2 mil not doable nil money for a decent qb for this program? Honest question. It just seems comical and ridiculous that we can scrape up half a BILLION for new facilities, but Rhule seems to get squirmy about 2 mil for the most important position for a team in the modern era. I know that he or NU have little say but damn aren’t we supposed to have some of the most NIL potential in the country? 

Then he doubles down with we are gonna be old school, stick with our guys and develop them?? Okay….He sure as s#!t better get someone else to work with the QBs then if that’s his plan…I don’t want to hear the Satterfield had nothing to work with deflection, all three QBs had the same problems, that’s on the qb coach.

Maybe he has talked to the collective and they say they can't come up with 2 mil for one guy?  So instead of saying hey we can't afford that or won't pay that he just says they are doing it old school.  Maybe our collective doesn't want to pull a Miami and not pay anyone what they were promised.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
7 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Maybe he has talked to the collective and they say they can't come up with 2 mil for one guy?  So instead of saying hey we can't afford that or won't pay that he just says they are doing it old school.  Maybe our collective doesn't want to pull a Miami and not pay anyone what they were promised.  

That definitely could be the case. If the money just isn’t there, which is baffling to me, and they are doubling down on who we have already, Rhule better bring in someone that knows how to actually develop QBs. Satterfield has shown it’s not him. It would be a major lapse in judgment if he doesn’t IMO

• Haha 1