QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!

87skers

Just now, Red Five said:

Callahan's intern (a current student at UNL) came to him Monday morning and was like "Hey boss, I got word that Dylan joined the recruit group chat and is coming to NU now".

I’ve seen a screenshot of the group. It’s circulating. Now, that could be BS. 

14 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Callahan's intern (a current student at UNL) came to him Monday morning and was like "Hey boss, I got word that Dylan joined the recruit group chat and is coming to NU now".

Then Callahan started making calls to Georgia/national guys to see what they knew before it was first published Monday evening.

Dang!

How did you find out...are...are you "the intern"

• Haha 2

Here is one concern I have in all of this:  We are in our current situation (bad QB play) primarily because FHCSF had 'his' QB picked before he got here and had him pegged as the starter from day one.  As a result, we had a 4 year starter and the QB room was never developed beyond # 1.  Perhaps we already see some of that developing now - even before DR has signed with DK looking at MSU.   This is the downside of picking the 'can't miss' recruit.  With NIL, that can't miss recruit could also become ex-can't miss if he transfers to greener pastures in 2-3 years.  That is the Debbie downer side of this.  

The ideal is to bring in that good 4-5 star QB who has one year left to play next year while preparing both DK and DR to compete in year 2.  I think that is what Rhule is trying to do.  But if both DR and that 5 star 1 year QB both insist on being the starter for next year - then we are back in the same situation as you have to go wt DR for the long term potential at that point and hope his adjustment to college ball is quick. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Here is one concern I have in all of this:  We are in our current situation (bad QB play) primarily because FHCSF had 'his' QB picked before he got here and had him pegged as the starter from day one.  As a result, we had a 4 year starter and the QB room was never developed beyond # 1.  Perhaps we already see some of that developing now - even before DR has signed with DK looking at MSU.   This is the downside of picking the 'can't miss' recruit.  With NIL, that can't miss recruit could also become ex-can't miss if he transfers to greener pastures in 2-3 years.  That is the Debbie downer side of this.  

The ideal is to bring in that good 4-5 star QB who has one year left to play next year while preparing both DK and DR to compete in year 2.  I think that is what Rhule is trying to do.  But if both DR and that 5 star 1 year QB both insist on being the starter for next year - then we are back in the same situation as you have to go wt DR for the long term potential at that point and hope his adjustment to college ball is quick. 

Nah. The ideal is to get a QB who can play, then figure out helping more be able to do the same after.  Don't get hung up on lining everything up perfectly, it will never work out that way and is a waste of thought energy. Comparing Coach Dumbass to a pile of wet leaves is to kind to him. Give Rhule a chance. GBR.

• TBH 1
3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Nah. The ideal is to get a QB who can play, then figure out helping more be able to do the same after.  Don't get hung up on lining everything up perfectly, it will never work out that way and is a waste if thought energy. Comparing Coach Dumbass to a pile of wet leaves is to kind to him. Give Rhule a chance. GBR.

Good thoughts.  Yes - trying to get all the ducks in a row can lead to wacky head games :ahhhhhhhh    One day at a time  - one player at a time.  Breathe in  Breathe out!!

I was really convinced that DR and KM were headed to Nebraska. And I was building some hope for the future. Even thought DK might stay in the long term and we would have three guys who are viable for this year and DR really taking the reigns in 2025. With KM out and DK leaning out the door, I am feeling what others have noted in this thread. We might not get any. And then take a QB out of the portal that's left over and then struggle and ... rinse, repeat. 

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, tmfr15 said:

I was really convinced that DR and KM were headed to Nebraska. And I was building some hope for the future. Even thought DK might stay in the long term and we would have three guys who are viable for this year and DR really taking the reigns in 2025. With KM out and DK leaning out the door, I am feeling what others have noted in this thread. We might not get any. And then take a QB out of the portal that's left over and then struggle and ... rinse, repeat. 

You could get a 5 star and he could get injured the first game…we need to keep upgrading our loyal guys like Haarberg no matter what some internet know it all says about them.

• TBH 1

7 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

You could get a 5 star and he could get injured the first game…we need to keep upgrading our loyal guys like Haarberg no matter what some internet know it all says about them.

I feel what you are saying with this. Haarberg and Purdy had moments this year and I would like to see them get developed. I was really high on Purdy with his drive against Maryland and his performance early on against Wisky. Sucks that INTs again caused the games to go against us. 

I would like to be fired up for Purdy to be the guy.

But it's hard to trust that development will happen so I got to just put it out of my mind on that front and check back in eight months time when I will be at least somewhat fired up to see if it happens.

KM, DR and DK had me fired up now and that would have made the offseason a little easier to deal with.

We need solid QB play and I don't care where that comes from. If I could be assured that some FCS guy no one has ever heard of was going to lead us to 10 wins next year, I would be over the moon fired up for that guy.

We just can't know such things. And it's fun to talk about five star QBs so that's what we dream of.

It doesn't make five star the best plan let alone the only plan.

• Plus1 1
44 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

The sun could fall out the sky also!  You cannot make QB's out of some people that ARE NOT QB's.  I want guys like Haarberg on the team, 100%, but at other positions.  

• TBH 3
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!