QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!

87skers

4 minutes ago, GlobalHusker said:

I would also add that you’d have to look at the coach at that time for these guys as well. Callahan and Frost weren’t getting the most out of their players. While Rhule is squeezing a lot of juice out of what he’s got. So, I agree that I have high hopes for DR.

The "why" is a completely different conversation.

QB is also just so unique - for a 5-star at most positions, a Marlon Lucky/Cortney Grixby/Baker Steinkuhler outcome (HM/2nd team all-conference) is ok. Not what you're hoping for with that talent but you're still getting a difference maker. But at QB, above-average starter is a huge disappointment for a 5-star kid. Which isn't really fair, but it's the reality of playing QB.

• TBH 2
4 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

It's been quiet on the OC front and I wanted to know if anybody had heard something I didn't.  Maybe Satterfield doesn't switch positions and we are stuck with his play calls for another year.

Generally you don't hear much about hiring for a position if the position is presently filled and was only recently hired.  Might be why 'it's been quiet'.

4 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Stop being a smart a**.  

1216A4FC-B4AB-4115-9C3D-CC2D87BA83BD.jpeg.7599c6085c2d01ff089d06d5ecfd4b8f.jpeg

• Haha 4

Here’s the deal. I’m as excited about Dylan signing as anyone.  But, even though he is at the most impactful position, a lot still has to happen for him to have the level of success we all want. 

Heck, he could tear up a knee in fall camp and not even play this year. Maybe he tears up the other knee the next year.  

Getting Kaelin was very important too for that reason. He has a chance to be very good too. 

We need multiple guys like this at this position so not everything is hanging on one guy to not get injured or not pan out like his recruiting rankings. 

• Plus1 1

There's a long list of five star players who turned out to be busts. You just never know till they play the game.

But the headline here is that after a disappointing season that had some fans already putting Rhule on the hot seat, along with our horrible offensive line and totally inept OC, the top--rated QB in the country is willing to bet his career on what's about to happen at Nebraska. And that sets the tone for everything else.

I'm totally down with feeling good about this. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 3

Listen, I don't want to jinx things but when Dylan gets the start, and if he's as good as we think, can we please steal the Wrexham chant for Paul Mullin? It's in the key of Achy Breaky Heart, which is a perfect for Husker Nation.

We've got Dylan

(Whooo?)Super Dylan!

I just don't think you understand

He plays in red and white, he's f#&%ing dynamite

We've got super Dylan!

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Listen, I don't want to jinx things but when Dylan gets the start, and if he's as good as we think, can we please steal the Wrexham chant for Paul Mullin? It's in the key of Achy Breaky Heart, which is a perfect for Husker Nation.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952d87bmtxftql3slga3

• Haha 3
  • TBH 3

14 minutes ago, admo said:

I'm still so happy about Raiola flipping from Georgia to Huskers.  I'm just amazed and very excited and so appreciative. 

It's like we just had Thanksgiving, lost to Iowa, season is over, and then this happens.  I never would have thought that.   

I'm in agreeance with you.  A week and a half ago I don't think anybody even thought about him coming here especially with Nebraska's interest in Kyle McCord.  Things happened so fast I'm just glad that we beat out Georgia for 2 of our recruits they wanted.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2