Is Nebraska a "blue blood" program?

7 hours ago, BIG8forever said:

Blueblood, IDK, we were team that had a good 30 year run. Look at Michigan they have been relevant for a century and quarter, alabama...century, Notre Dame...century. I think you really have to go through the different iterations of football and still be relevant to be called a blue blood. I mean if we dont come back on line in 10 Years you will have to be 50 years old to remember when Nebraska was decent. that doesnt scream blue blood to me...personally.

Define decent

8 hours ago, BIG8forever said:

we were team that had a good 30 year run

In most circumstances, it is totally douchey to question the level of someone's fandom, however in this case, on behalf of Huskerboard since it is glaringly obvious you are not a Husker fan, we will kindly ask you to stop referring to Nebraska as "we."

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 4
  • Worth a Look 2
16 hours ago, BIG8forever said:

Blueblood, IDK, we were team that had a good 30 year run. Look at Michigan they have been relevant for a century and quarter, alabama...century, Notre Dame...century. I think you really have to go through the different iterations of football and still be relevant to be called a blue blood. I mean if we dont come back on line in 10 Years you will have to be 50 years old to remember when Nebraska was decent. that doesnt scream blue blood to me...personally.

A little peak at your unquestionable bluebloods as compared to Nebraska over a random 34 seasons 1982 to 2015.

Lost 5 games or more

Bama 10x

Michigan 8x

Notre Dame 16x

Nebraska 5x

Lost 2 or fewer games

Bama 13x

Michigan 10x

Notre Dame 5x

Nebraska 16x

In conclusion, you don’t know WTF you’re talking about.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 1
5 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

This guy clearly never watched the 1902 Huskers dominate. I remember those days like they were last week. Good times!

Such an awesome reference @Nebfanatic! Did you go to the Missouri game played in St Joe?

The 1902 Skers went 10-0 and didn't allow a single point, 182-0. 1903 was undefeated as well.

• Oh Yeah! 2

What an odd thread.

As of others have said, there isn't really an accepted definition of what is required to be considered a "blue blood" CFB program. That said, I have yet to see any published list of "blue blood" football programs that doesn't include Nebraska (or one that does include MN).

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
6 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

A little peak at your unquestionable bluebloods as compared to Nebraska over a random 34 seasons 1982 to 2015.

Lost 5 games or more

Bama 10x

Michigan 8x

Notre Dame 16x

Nebraska 5x

Lost 2 or fewer games

Bama 13x

Michigan 10x

Notre Dame 5x

Nebraska 16x

In conclusion, you don’t know WTF you’re talking about.

what happens in 10 years when Nebraska still is having 5-7 seasons, 20 seasons...still a blue blood.  I don't think it is realist as a fan to consider my program a blue blood when it just had a good 30 year run is all I am saying. it leads to unrealistic expectations. We play at the level of Minnesota, our program is alot like Minnesota. Minnesota in 1970 would have been considered a blue blood and Nebraska not. just sayin

competing for national titles, i think that is how a blue blood would define themselves

3 hours ago, BIG8forever said:

what happens in 10 years when Nebraska still is having 5-7 seasons, 20 seasons...still a blue blood.  I don't think it is realist as a fan to consider my program a blue blood when it just had a good 30 year run is all I am saying. it leads to unrealistic expectations. We play at the level of Minnesota, our program is alot like Minnesota. Minnesota in 1970 would have been considered a blue blood and Nebraska not. just sayin

competing for national titles, i think that is how a blue blood would define themselves

We aren't 10 years from now. Why don't you ask in 10 years? You're assuming we're going to continue having lots of losing seasons. You should have asked this as a prediction; i.e. will we still be considered a blue blood in 10 years if *this* happens.

Michigan is as far removed from a national championship as we are, and started competing for them again 2 years ago. We have 1 more conference championship than they have and more than that unshared. We have 4 more national championships than they have in the past 55 years.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 2

9 hours ago, BIG8forever said:

You can define Nebraska however you like. You may also define your team, whoever that may be, as you like. You are also free to have your own very weird and wrong opinion of how to define a blueblood program. But please stop referring to Nebraska as “we”. It’s painfully apparent you are not a Husker fan but, on the off chance you actually are, it doesn’t matter because we, the real Nebraska fans, don’t want you dragging down the gene pool.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1
9 hours ago, BIG8forever said:

Stop saying "it just had a good 30 year run". We've been good for decades more than that way back when, as people have pointed out.  It was also THE BEST 30 YEAR RUN IN HISTORY.   That's quite different. 

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, runningblind said:

Stop saying "it just had a good 30 year run". We've been good for decades more than that way back when, as people have pointed out.  It was also THE BEST 30 YEAR RUN IN HISTORY.   That's quite different. 

Your YELLING scared my black cat, "Pooter". 

Even my brown Labador "Goose" looked up.

But I get what you are saying, and you are right.  Just shh, take a down a notch :)  We don't yell at trolls.  

2 hours ago, admo said:

Your YELLING scared my black cat, "Pooter". 

Even my brown Labador "Goose" looked up.

But I get what you are saying, and you are right.  Just shh, take a down a notch :)  We don't yell at trolls.  

bro i am a cornhusker fan, just trying to get this toxic notion that we are blue bloods out of our heads or we are never going to have a decent team

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, BIG8forever said:

bro i am a cornhusker fan, just trying to get this toxic notion that we are blue bloods out of our heads or we are never going to have a decent team

I giggled a little too much at the "toxic notion" part, I almost peed myself.

• TBH 1