Saban Retiring

6 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I believe he is adding MJ as the 6th making Rhule the 7th.  FS, BC, BP, MR, SF, MJ and now Rhule.

Yeah, I thought that might be the discrepancy after I posted. I didn’t count MJ because of the interim title followed by quick flame out.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Or 7th

Scott Frost was the 5th coach after Osborne. Regardless of how much leeway the 2nd-4th coach after a legend gets, he pretty much proves that there are zero standards whatsoever if you’re the 5th coach after a legend. 

I mean, he got (part of) a 5th year after having posted losing records each of his first 4 years and going 15-29. That’s a farrr lower standard than Bill Callahan or even Bo Pelini world have been held to. 

33 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

C’mon, try to have a little faith that Rhule might be the guy finally.

Well, with all due respect, we’ve been trying to have faith in our coaches for 25 years, and it’s never worked. We’ll see what happens with the rest of Rhule’s tenure, but I will say that the first year being the predecessor’s fault is a story I’ve heard farrrr too often. 

24 minutes ago, winner00 said:

Well, with all due respect, we’ve been trying to have faith in our coaches for 25 years, and it’s never worked. We’ll see what happens with the rest of Rhule’s tenure, but I will say that the first year being the predecessor’s fault is a story I’ve heard farrrr too often. 

You're new here. Or maybe not. So what's your story? 

• Plus1 1

Getting turned down by choice one...ouch.

Plan B is usually only good when it comes in a pill.

Kiffin to Bama really makes no sense UNLESS it is just insane jack.  Bama is not the amazing job it has been without Saban.  

Plus, can Bama fans really handle Kiffin?  Lord knows Husker fans couldn't. 

• TBH 1
5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Getting turned down by choice one...ouch.

Plan B is usually only good when it comes in a pill.

Kiffin to Bama really makes no sense UNLESS it is just insane jack.  Bama is not the amazing job it has been without Saban.  

Plus, can Bama fans really handle Kiffin?  Lord knows Husker fans couldn't. 

Maybe Saban retired because he didn’t think he could win another natty at Bama, to come be an analyst on a national title team for Rhule :) 

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

Maybe Saban retired because he didn’t think he could win another natty at Bama, to come be an analyst on a national title team for Rhule :) 

I was thinking that too!

They are going to be down to Dabo (their fan base will lose it), Sark (fan base will lose it), Norvell (fan base will lose it).  They will pretend to like Kiffin but they will hate it.

This is good stuff.  I have a feeling they get turned down one or two more times if they keep going after coaches that already make crazy jack and are happy. 

• Plus1 2