Nebrasketball @ Maryland

So night a good night in the gym...?  I kinda figured

If the Huskers BBall team only liked "playing against road games" like Taylor Martinez, maybe it would be different for once.

I can't remember when I felt confident about the hoops team playing on the road consistently.  Like, decades it seems.

1 hour ago, admo said:

I can't remember when I felt confident about the hoops team playing on the road consistently.  Like, decades it seems.

That time you’re looking for, when you felt confident about Husker hoops, that would be never in your lifetime. At least it’s been never in my lifetime and I’m pretty sure I’m older than you :D

• Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

That time you’re looking for, when you felt confident about Husker hoops, that would be never in your lifetime. At least it’s been never in my lifetime and I’m pretty sure I’m older than you :D

LOL hey now, I do remember Piatkowski, Erick Strickland, Bruce Chubik (garbage man & rebounder), Rich King, Chris Cresswell.....(the 90s).  So I do recall a little bit !!  They dominated but got upset immediately in March Madness

So that's my bar.  Meaning, Nebraska basketball - it can be done.  At a high level. 

However, with so much time passing since then, my Husker BBall bar has been dropping lower and lower and lower each year. 

It's sad but I'm still a fan and quietly on guard until they build something great, with a string of 3 or 4 awesome seasons back to back.  

• Oh Yeah! 1

For a team without a true point guard and no real 5 in the paint to command the boards, Fred has gotten the most out of this team. From what I remember of Fred at Iowa St he didn't use a true 5 there either. Playing on the road against a team with decent bigs and a veteran point guard is the recipe for disaster. They are what they are. If we can hold our home court and somehow manage a road win or two we should see the NCAA tourney. If we get the NIT then maybe we get the home court advantage for a few games. That might not be bad.

19 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

For a team without a true point guard and no real 5 in the paint to command the boards, Fred has gotten the most out of this team. From what I remember of Fred at Iowa St he didn't use a true 5 there either. Playing on the road against a team with decent bigs and a veteran point guard is the recipe for disaster. They are what they are. If we can hold our home court and somehow manage a road win or two we should see the NCAA tourney. If we get the NIT then maybe we get the home court advantage for a few games. That might not be bad.

Keisei Tominaga not getting the NCAA stage in his time here would make me sad.  I don't care if it's the play-in game in Dayton.  It would be an opportunity.  That also begs the question, if the 'Huskers would win the play-in game, would that count as an NCAA win and the P5 outpost without a NCAA tourney win would be no more?

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

Keisei Tominaga not getting the NCAA stage in his time here would make me sad.  I don't care if it's the play-in game in Dayton.  It would be an opportunity.  That also begs the question, if the 'Huskers would win the play-in game, would that count as an NCAA win and the P5 outpost without a NCAA tourney win would be no more?

Yes, winning a play in game does count as winning a tournament game.  The NCAA doesn't call them play in games, they call them first round games.

• Plus1 1