B1G/SEC Joint Advisory Group

“The Big Ten Conference and Southeastern Conference today announced the formation of a joint advisory group of university presidents, chancellors, and athletics directors to address the significant challenges facing college athletics and the opportunities for betterment of the student-athlete experience,” the statement read. “These challenges, including but not limited to recent court decisions, pending litigation, a patchwork of state laws, and complex governance proposals, compel the two conferences to take a leadership role in developing solutions for a sustainable future of college sports.”

“The advisory group will engage with other constituencies as necessary, including consultation with student-athletes and other key leadership groups from within both conferences,” it added.

The statement continued by expressing that this body won’t be able to act independently as a sense of authority. It’s lone purpose is to be for consultation on the matters at hand that they deem fit.

On3

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

What a horrible take on the cause of the problems. I guess I didn’t realize so many people blame the SEC and B1G. They didn’t create the free for all portal or the wild wild west NIL rules. Conference expansion is least of the problems.

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 3

7 hours ago, GSG said:

I misread that title as BIG Joint Advisory Committee.

Thought it had something to do with these guys:

upinsmoke-colorfulvanjoint-tsrimg.jpg

LMBO heck yeah!  they still the original ganstas for blazin movies and shenanigans !  I still laugh my a$$ off with a hit once every 5 years :waste

And Super Troopers

Okay Okay, now I'm getting off track lolol  good times good movies

Back on track, the "discussing opportunities between the B1G and SEC" is no surprise and can carry on.  Let's see where it goes and how we can be amazed someday soon.  As if it is a brand new concept that just fell out of the sky, and nobody could connect the dots.

I mean, they talking about discussing $$$ "opportunities" which has easily been in the works for 3 years or so.  But it's finally becoming official.  So stayed tune......

Even when NIL was going to happen someday, but we are supposed to pretend it wouldn't happen, or it could happen, but not sure how...... and then it happened.

Or the transfer portal and players transferring anywhere and becoming immediately eligible like free agents...... and it happened.

Or a college championship playoff going from 4 teams to......

All this s#!t starts way before it becomes a thing in the news.  These ideas and concepts started all before Covid became Covid 19.  Behind the scenes and under the radar.  Just waiting to build it up, piece by piece.

NIL.  Bam.  

Transfer Protocol.  Bam

Schools, Players, Boosters get excited.  Bam

Networks get rich.  Bam

More teams in the playoffs.  Bam

Networks get richer.  Bam

Super Conferences.  Bam

Now, back to cheech and chong and Super Troopers chuckleshuffle  Because I don't care what is supposed to come next

• Plus1 1