Trev to A&M

Being an out of stater, what are the 'shenanigans' on the women's basketball team?

It just doesn't make sense to run from ones dream job when on the top -  Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Wrestling, all up others trending up.  Fund raising is up.   What kind of political things are happening in Nebraska that would lead to him leaving? 

Again - I don't read the local Lincoln news or hear all of the scuttlebutt - but this is a shocker to me living in Tulsa.   

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Being an out of stater, what are the 'shenanigans' on the women's basketball team?

It just doesn't make sense to run from ones dream job when on the top -  Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Wrestling, all up others trending up.  Fund raising is up.   What kind of political things are happening in Nebraska that would lead to him leaving? 

Again - I don't read the local Lincoln news or hear all of the scuttlebutt - but this is a shocker to me living in Tulsa.   

Assistant coach had a sexual relationship with one of the players last year and was put on paid leave, then dismissed. I believe the player was dismissed as well (she's on another team now anyway). Player is now suing the University; saying the head coach shamed her in front of the team, fellow players harassed her about the relationship,  and the University failed to properly act in the entire situation.

• Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If Trev stays, I'm expecting a lot of changes in a very short time.

What kind of changes?   This has really caught me off guard. 

3 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Assistant coach had a sexual relationship with one of the players last year and was put on paid leave, then dismissed. I believe the player was dismissed as well (she's on another team now anyway). Player is now suing the University; saying the head coach shamed her in front of the team, fellow players harassed her about the relationship,  and the University failed to properly act in the entire situation.

UGLY

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

What kind of changes?   This has really caught me off guard. 

UGLY

Yep, we'll see how it shakes out. I'm sure there's some truth in there as well as some exaggeration. The only good part is at least they were two adults, even though there's an extremely unhealthy power dynamic there and any coach should know to never even think about having a relationship with a player.

2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Yep, we'll see how it shakes out. I'm sure there's some truth in there as well as some exaggeration. The only good part is at least they were two adults, even though there's an extremely unhealthy power dynamic there and any coach should know to never even think about having a relationship with a player.

Yeah it always surprises me how any adult/coach/teacher would think this is okay. Just really messed up. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 3
2 minutes ago, Micheal said:

I'm surprised we have made it this far in the day with no final decision. But I think the longer things go, the better? 

Then why hasn't Trev just provided a statement??

2 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

And the political power play to move AD decisions to the regents also doesn't sit well. That happened late last year or earlier this year...

This is going to be a thread where Politics is going to crash head-long into athletics, and it's not going to be pretty, because one of the main reasons for the dysfunction is sitting in the Governor's chair and was sitting in that chair in the previous term. 

And people can make up boogeymen all they want, but at the end of the day, when your state pushes policies that push kids away from the University (not just athletically-gifted kids--all kids), take the decision-making process for important functions out of the AD's hands, and you prop your friends up via cronyism to be Regents without having a fecking clue what needs to be done to maintain or support a state institution...it's not a shock you have dysfunction and a lack of vision. 

Elections have consequences, and the MAGA crowd in their myopia may have the (unintended?) consequence of killing off one of the prize jewels of the state and its Athletic Program. 

You all and your conspiracy theories. Lol. 

• Haha 3
  • TBH 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Trev to A&M