NCAA Tournament Round of 64: Nebrasketball vs Texas A&M @ Memphis

17 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

This was a really bad match up. We are small and can’t defend, A&M is jumping through the roof and number 1 offensive rebounding team. Their 3’s are all open looks as our guys are small and can’t jump.  They are not concerned about any contested shots inside or outside. We have no bigs that can do anything either.  

Yep, Hoiberg needs to get bigger which is a tall order.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I agree, I know posters want the Omaha kids, but we need to a big guy.  Mast needs to play the 4.

Getting local kids is all good and stuff but Nebraska basketball like football needs to cast it's net nationally as well as international as it has to get the best talent and bigger.

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

There is such a mental block with this program in the NCAA. 

So f#&%ing frustrating. 

We have to be so talented to get over it that, when we do, we’re going to at least the sweet 16. 

So frustrating. 

I think our mental block is more playing away from home than in the NCAA tournament.

• TBH 4
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

I think our mental block is more playing away from home than in the NCAA tournament.

Watching the Avs tonight, and Wyndham Clark was at the game. Announcers mentioned he credited sports psychology and the mental side was what has allowed him to become a top 5 golfer. I can't help but feel we need more of that at Nebraska to get over some of these humps.

• TBH 1

9 hours ago, runningblind said:

Watching the Avs tonight, and Wyndham Clark was at the game. Announcers mentioned he credited sports psychology and the mental side was what has allowed him to become a top 5 golfer. I can't help but feel we need more of that at Nebraska to get over some of these humps.

I think we have to be a little bit honest, too, in the quality of players, that we actually have. This was a pretty hodgepodge group of guys, and they came together in about the best way you could hope for them to. But at the end of the day, these are a bunch of players, that no other country in the country really wanted, especially as the main pieces to try to build a successful team. We can talk about mentality and confidence being part of the problem, but it’s hard to have confidence when you know at the end of the day you’re not an all-star level player and the chances that the team around you is going to show up consistently at a high level is very low as well.    

• Worth a Look 1
11 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Agree. It's likely why Nebraska was never rated as high as teams with similar W/L records. 

We don't lose the games at Rutgers, Minnesota, and to a lesser extent Maryland (game was not close, but Maryland was not a good team), and we're probably on the 6 or 7 line, not facing A&M (though I wouldn't be surprised if A&M was overseeded for the storyline).