OG Trevor Robinson

Eric the Red

I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling that he'll end up at Notre Dame.

I actually think he will end up here. I think that TO will make sure he is a HUGE target. hes a big talented lineman from nebraska. could that be more old school nebraska? I think if we bring in BO the excitement surrounding the situation will he hard for an in state kid to turn down.

i heard on another board that part of Trevor's problem was with BC. If he goes, and TR likes the new coach, then he'll be N.

On the same board there was some insight to how the Irish fans are looking at this. Apparently all the unofficial visits havn't gone un-noticed. But when he comes, it's always with his father and his girlfriend. They tend to sit off by themselves and TR never interacts with the other ND recruits. This has caused some concern among Irish fans that TR is somewhat of a basket case. Many wonder why he keeps coming on these visits without committing.

• 1 month later...

Just a little bit on TR... My cousin was on his team this year and said he is way over-rated. He said he is really lazy and doesn't try hard and gets dominated by some sophomores and juniors. I don't know what to think. Maybe my cousin was over exaggerating. I still hope we get him and he changes in college.

All high school kids are lazy at times. Like with many players when they get to college do they grow up. When a greater percentage of players are faster, bigger and stronger do you (the player) rise to meet them. These are items when you recruit a players have little idea how the player will work out. Recruiting is an enormous crap shoot.

My son has played along side TR for about 10 years. Seems they have been on the same teams since their first years in the EVW league. The thing is, TR has always been "better" then most of the players on the field with him and therefore doesn't really have to extert much effort to be "good". Let me tell you though, when he does put forth the effort you can bet he's every bit as good as advertised. I've no doubt that college will be an awakening for him and that if he puts forth the required effort, he can and will be something special.

FWI

It's nice to sew up all the instate recruits that have potential, but I agree with some who wouldn't be

that upset if TR went elsewhere. Going back to last year, I've never been sold on him as far as speed,

quickness, overall physique and aggressive football attitude. However, it's possible he could improve

in these areas and prove us wrong--but in the meantime I wouldn't consider him a big loss at all.

NUs recruiting efforts are better spent elsewhere as he projects to be a player that more precisely fits the mold of a Big 10/ND lineman. We need to recruit speed and explosiveness off the ball.

FWI

It's nice to sew up all the instate recruits that have potential, but I agree with some who wouldn't be

that upset if TR went elsewhere. Going back to last year, I've never been sold on him as far as speed,

quickness, overall physique and aggressive football attitude. However, it's possible he could improve

in these areas and prove us wrong--but in the meantime I wouldn't consider him a big loss at all.

NUs recruiting efforts are better spent elsewhere as he projects to be a player that more precisely fits the mold of a Big 10/ND lineman. We need to recruit speed and explosiveness off the ball.

I don't think our old Coaches or new Coaches plus Notre Dames or Michigans would of spent the time and effort recruiting him if he wasn't a player.

A line of Steinkhuler, Hoch, Robinson and Givens would be a great bonus for NU in the next few years. Micx them with Burkes, Thompson or Henry and you may have a line any Runnigback would love to run behind.